The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with PB & J (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
I've had my PB & J for the longest time, but simply could not do anything with them due to the fact that the tubes were all sticky and oily. I'm not sure if this happened only because of Singapore weather, but I've yet to find a permanent solution to clean it up so that I could use it. Is there anyone here who's met with similar issue and managed to resolve it?? Would appreciate any help at all!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Why not make some new tubes out of a different material?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I never liked those older black tubes.
so I made new ones with a thumb hole
in the back.works perfectly.
todd
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I spray mine with lemon pledge or something similar
Works for me.
Those tubes are a pain
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Ade,

Keep the plastic covers to protect the prop during transport, but there is definitely a better alternative to use if you like. I'll send you a PM.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have the black tubes as well, and I corrected my problem by glueing some weight on the inside of the lids on the peanut butter jars. The extra weight was the answer for me.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 02:03, bowers wrote:
todd

What type of material can be used that has the same properties that will allow the lifting?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I went to the grocery store and picked out brand with a better "fit" and made my own, still using the rubbery tubes that used to give me problems. Much more convincing look and no worries. Much advice has been given on other forums for working out the problems, but none seemed to work until I went with the DIY method.

On another note, I have several tupperware containers of PB for sale, if anyone's interested Smile
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 02:03, bowers wrote:
todd

Quote:
On 2011-11-25 11:34, Howie Diddot wrote:

What type of material can be used that has the same properties that will allow the lifting?

If you don't want a thumb hole, it has to be some kind of rubber material that has some kind of give to it. I didn't like the older black tubes either, they were too sticky, but rubbing some powder on them on the inside did work. I ended up selling mine and buying the kind with the thumb hole. If you want a thumb hole, you can use almost any kind of material, it's just a matter of make it look nice on the outside, which ever way you decide to decorate it.
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
I personally think the rubber tubes were a bad design from the get go. They do hide the gimmicks, but they are totally unreliable for working in some weather conditions. Performers are often complaining about them as is evident from this and other threads on the same topic. I still say use them to transport the gimmicks in, but don't use them on stage.

There are far easier and reliable, therefore better ways of doing the routine then having to worry is the peanut butter jar going to come out? Or, is a lid going to get stuck and come off? And so on. Use a method that always works and just worry about your presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with PB & J (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL