The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is pepper spray, really? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Presumably the above was in response to this?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/255676/2......ving.htm

"[Pepper spray is] like a derivative of real pepper. It's a food product essentially" - Megyn Kelly (Fox News)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I'm shocked the ACLU does not like any method more useful than saying "stop it". (And it can't be yelled either.)

Ever been sprayed with the stuff? I have. It was part of crowd control training. It causes an instant opening of your mucus membranes in your eyes, nose, and mouth. The idea is to take away the 3 senses.

Of course forgotten in the equasion is that people are not just randomly sprayed, or the fact that the alternative is to use clubs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
This is a tad off the topic.
My son goes for rides with a local Railroad. The employees were told not to carry guns or pepper spray or they could run the risk of being fired. A while back one of the Engineers was shot and killed in the middle of the night. So now the guys that work at night, carry a can of Bee spray with them. The stuff shoots out 25 feet. I imagine it might blind someone, but you've got to protect yourself somehow.
Bob.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or protect the public.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
...from people sitting quietly in protest.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It is a tool.

Used to protect, good.

Used to assault, bad.

Used as a condiment, stupid.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I thought it was a desperate measure for bear attacks.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-11-28 11:33, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I thought it was a desperate measure for bear attacks.

Bear spray is more potent. If a grizzly came at me I'd rather have a .357, and I ain't talkin' 'bout Heinz.

I don't trust pepper spray. When I sprayed my Mom's ex-boyfriend he was so drunk and high that he didn't even notice it until we were both out of the house and down the street. That's why I got the shotgun.
If you have to use pepper anything for self-defense then I say go with the foam because if they don't feel it right away then at least it still sticks to their eyes and blocks their vision.
My philosophy is to never rely on a pain response alone to subdue an attacker, because not all of them feel it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What is pepper spray, really? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL