The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk drop gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
This item is on Duane Laflin's magic site. It says it's for silk color changes, vanishes and more. I never heard of it.
todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I bought the DVD, don't bother. Actually this gimmick called the drop gimmick is no longer made.

Although if you don't know how to drop a gimmick from a rolled piece of paper, I guess will help.

There is nothing earth shattering here. I guess they use to have the gimmick and sold this video with the gimmick. I seem to remember the old out of business magic company Supreme Magic Co. offering something along these lines. I have never seen a Drop Gimmick in the USA.

Buy it if wish, but I thought it was a waste of money.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 01:35, wmhegbli wrote:
I bought the DVD, don't bother. Actually this gimmick called the drop gimmick is no longer made.

Although if you don't know how to drop a gimmick from a rolled piece of paper, I guess will help.

There is nothing earth shattering here. I guess they use to have the gimmick and sold this video with the gimmick. I seem to remember the old out of business magic company Supreme Magic Co. offering something along these lines. I have never seen a Drop Gimmick in the USA.

Buy it if wish, but I thought it was a waste of money.

Vernet had a silk drop version.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4814
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic Ian, this is not the same thing, the video covers a large container with a bottom that is simply dropped into hat on stage. I found the video not interesting for me, and why when the gimmick is no longer available they would bother listing it.

If you are really new to magic, the information would be noteworthy. It could be used to dump a really large Dye Tube as Rice Silk King Studio sells.

I do like that vanishing silk trick for close-up. I think Tenyo also put a version on the market as Time Capsule or something like that.

I 1st found it as Space Silk, I think it was called, and use to perform it all the time.
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
Is it the one that used to appear a billiard ball from a silk that is vanishing as being dropped?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 12:46, Suren wrote:
Is it the one that used to appear a billiard ball from a silk that is vanishing as being dropped?

No this has nothing to do with billard balls. It is only a video of how to ditch a silk gimmick. No routine, no trick explained at all.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I picked up the gimmick at a conference Duane presented a few years ago. It was sold separately without a DVD. I've found it useful in some instances. Sure, one could make it, but it was relatively inexpensive, and if I ever replace it I'll go the DIY route. I don't think an instructional DVD is necessary to learn how to ditch it... I use a BA-welled table but I agree with wmhegbli, pass on the DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk drop gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL