The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Do all expanded shells have a slight bevel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
If you didn't do that (ordered the extra coins) when you ordered your shell you have two choices: buy some rolls andtry a bunch of coins til you get a proper fit or slowly and carefully wear down the edges of your coins using one of those nail 6 in 1 buffers your wife probably has (or girlfriend).
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes for sure order the extra coins for the shell.
They will have a perfit fit.
Todd
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
The great thing about buffing/filing down the edge of clad coins is if you make a mistake, just spend the coin and try again.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I recently ordered a set of Ikes (shell and 4 coins, and a flipper) from Lassen's commercial site.
I assumed that by ordering the set that all dates would match.
Is that not always the case on his commercial line?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I really don't think it is the dates that matter, but the best thing to do is call Todd until you get him and ask.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree, the dates really aren't that big of a deal, it's just the perfectionist in me coming out. Although on the Ike's they are kind of large and prominent.
To be perfectly honest, I'm a little nervous to pester Todd about something so trivial. Guess I'm worried he'll just tell me I'm an idiot. But I was hoping that he or someone there would make sure that they all matched. Even though it was his less-expensive commercial line I still thought it was part of his higher end service.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
I had ordered my shell with the extra coins, they did not match in date so I don't think you will necessarily get matching years with his commercial line. They didn't even all fit.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
You should definetely contact Lassen. If it isn't perfectly perfectly perfect, I am sure he would want to know. He stands behind everything he makes.

It solves nothing to come on here and ask people what to do about your unique problem, when we have no idea what is wrong with your particular coins. I've heard nothing but awesome things about his commercial line. There have been many posts here on the Café from satisfied customers.

You also mention it took forever to receive your shell.... not even worth waiting for another one. I think he ships all of his commercial stuff in a very reasonable amount of time, I think he promises within 2 weeks on his site, so this sounds hokey to me. Just the idea of receiving a coin set from Lassen where the shell wobbled and the coins didn't fit sounds way far fetched, that is not his world at all. Just sayin. If what you say is true, call Lassen instead of trying to make some drama here.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
It took more than a month for the order. Nothing hokey about it. The shell came with four halves and it jammed in two of them from the get go. The shell rattled and wobbled after getting stuck on the two coins it didn't fit. I have contacted Lassen and he told me to send him the shell and he would see if he could fix it. He seemed surprised that the shell didn't fit the coins. No drama intended, just what happened.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-28 18:36, ShirtlessKirk wrote:
I have contacted Lassen and he told me to send him the shell and he would see if he could fix it.

Let us know how this works out. My expectation is that Todd will make this right for you, but I would like to hear either way.
Quote:
He seemed surprised that the shell didn't fit the coins.

I'm sure he was! It sounds to me like whoever did the packing didn't check the fit before putting your coins in the envelope. The Lassen Commercial line is a relatively new operation and Todd can't know what every employee is doing. That is why it was so important for you to call. If you didn't - he would never have known there was a problem.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
Todd's shop is in the Basement of his house. It's actually really cool to see. I was down there a couple of days ago picking up my Eisenhower Hopping half set. His commercial product is up to the same quality standards as his custom stuff. I looked on his shipping bench and saw lots of cool coins getting ready to be shipped. And BTW the Eisenhower s**ll is a perfect fit for the matching coin and also fits other Eisenhowers I have, although not as exactly.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea the Basement is Cool! Smile I have got to stand there and watch Him make me a copper shell!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 20:05, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea the Basement is Cool! Smile I have got to stand there and watch Him make me a copper shell!

not going to lie David...im quite jealous!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Well Just move To Denver Or even Longmont Where Todd lives! Smile I am 45 min's away! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
CdnAndrew
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your commercial set. I have a New Zealand penny set from him and its wonderful. It was maybe 2 weeks before it shipped which I thought quite reasonable. The tolerance is tight enough that it wouldn't likely fit over other random coins, but the set is perfectly matched in themselves. You should take Todd up on his offer. Give him a call and talk him through the problem. I'm sure he will do what he can to make things right. He's proud of his work and stands behind it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Do all expanded shells have a slight bevel? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL