The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Loop Ball Manufacturer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Does anyone know if there is a company making/selling/marketing loop balls these days? I do realize they are easy enough to make in order to suit personal tastes, but I ask out of morbid curiosity.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, Frank Starsini makes them and sells them on his web site http://www.theambitiouscard.com/
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I am on that site all the time - no clue how I could have missed it. Thanks William!
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
You can also check this model. I have one and it is very well made:

http://www.martinbreese.com/trickpages/billiardball.htm
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Frank Starsini is the man for Loop Ball. Great quality.
He is able to customize loop balls based on your needs.
I have two special ones from him; they play and look great.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 20:22, 1908 wrote:
You can also check this model...:

Who is that blonde lady in the video at the bottom doing the demo? She is GOOD! I had to watch it twice!

Doug
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 14:43, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 20:22, 1908 wrote:
You can also check this model...:

Who is that blonde lady in the video at the bottom doing the demo? She is GOOD! I had to watch it twice!

Doug

Being familiar with the mechanics of this, she did not fool me, but I quite agree - she was very good! I wonder if she is practiced in the use of a regular set of golf/billiard balls because after watching that video, I would be interested in seeing her do a routine with them, if only to enjoy her natural rhythm and flow.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Is there a good way to make a loop ball?
glue, drilling, etc?

I realize this is an old post, I'm grateful for any help I can get.

Thanks
Elias

www.eliascaress.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2015, scaress wrote:
Is there a good way to make a loop ball?
glue, drilling, etc?

I realize this is an old post, I'm grateful for any help I can get.

Thanks
Elias

www.eliascaress.com

It depends on the material the ball is made of. Wood - drill, soft rubber - tape, silicone - either reinforce the drilled hole or wrap completely around the ball.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I use a smooth styrofoam ball. I cover it with two balloons (for color and grip). I thread a needle with fairly strong fishing line (it holds shape better). I then push the needle into the ball where I want it.

The best way to do a dropper for this is a magnetic one. Before preparing the ball as mentioned above, I carve out a little notch and glue a magnet into the ball. This is easy to do because it is styrofoam. Then I can have a magnet on my pants under my jacket and the ball can just stick there.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Peter Pitchford, Thank you so much!

www.eliascaress.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is a description of making one in a 1901 publication by Ellis Stanyon titled "Conjuring for Amateurs"

The Handkerchief Vanislier. —

One of the best appliances for causing the disappearance of a handkerchief may be made from a small celluloid ball as follows : —Obtain
a ball 13/4in. in diameter, which will take three small silk handkerchiefs if desired, and cut a l in. hole in any part of its surface.
On the side of the ball opposite the opening fix a loop of flesh-coloured thread, long enough to pass easily over the thumb, and to suspend the ball on the back of the hand so that it does not hang too low.
When required for use the ball is taken up secretly under cover of the handkerchief, and the thumb of the left hand
is passed through the loop. Then, while appearing to roll up the handkerchief, it is worked through the opening into the ball, which is instantly pushed over to the
back of the left hand under cover of the right. The palms of the hands are now shown empty, when the handkerchief will seem to have vanished entirely.
When using the vanisher you will, of course, stand with your right side to the audience.
It is well to be provided with two or three of these accessories, in different sizes'.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Loop Ball Manufacturer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL