The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Lota alcohol (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
So someone wants to hire me to do a show for St.Patricks day. For the start of my act I thought it would be awsome to start out with a lota bowl. Using it to give out alcohol to members of the audience. This is the one I have in mind. Made of metal and large at a decent price. http://www.maxello.com/index.php?p=9201&c=fu-10502&q=9603 Not sure If they are safe to drink from though? If not is there anyway to make a homemade one. Even on a small scale that could be used for shots.
Jeremy Gates
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
In the movie "The Bishop's Wife" - Cary Grant and Loretta Young and David Niven version, Cary Grant (as the angel) causes a bottle to refill every time a drink is poured. That would be the Leprechaun's approach to whiskey, not a funny looking Lota Bowl, although one that looks like a drinking jug would work- it's still not as visual as a refilling whiskey bottle.

My "Hank, the Ghost Hank" from The Wizards' Journal #16, has a routine called "Leprechaun's Irish Whiskey" you might want to check out as well. The whiskey in the routine wasn't intended for sharing with others, but with a little adaptation, it could be done.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I'll half to buy that download. I have purchased several in the past and always satisfied. A whiskey jug would be ideal but I only have a mini SS Adams one. Cannot find larger ones nor anything else more apropriet besides the pitchers but they are pricy. Thanks as always Spellbinder.
Jeremy Gates
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Is this a venue where people will already be drinking during your show? If not, handing out drinks at the very start might not be the best idea as inebriated punters are a hard audience.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I have already produced alcohol handing it out in a different way at the local bar I perform at. They love it very much!
Jeremy Gates
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
There is/was a lota flask on the market that poured shots...

John
Nothing is better than more.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Buy an antique crockery jug and convert it to a lota. Nothing to it.
http://www.antiquemystique.com/crockery.htm
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Spellbinder I have thought of converting on of those. My grandpa has a couple from when he lived in Westvirginia. Said I can have one but haven't had any use for any except for converting it. However I am unsure of how I may convert it? What tube could I glue inside?
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Talked to good old Gramps and my Grandma they siad I could use a rain guage on the inside when I described it. However they prefered me not modify theirs. So I almost bought one until I decided to search for those lota flasks and found them. Got it coming in the mail now. I also got hank the Ghost Hank too. I may use that too depends on if I get my gig. Otherwise I'll just use the lota flask it's simpler and easier. But will probably use both over the years. Thanks all and hope this discussion is of use to others.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Lota alcohol (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL