The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Anyone a Motivational Speaker here, aside from being a Hypnotist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Anyone?

Just wondering... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
horganpaul
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of horganpaul
Tony Black (TonyB2009) has written at least one book that I know of about public speaking.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-12-29 07:05, horganpaul wrote:
Tony Black (TonyB2009) has written at least one book that I know of about public speaking.

Wow, an endorsement even... Thanks. Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I do much motivational speaking as well.
snm
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of snm
Motivational speaking is an area that I am wanting to move into. Do you guys have any advice or tips on how to get started in the industry?
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
I am and do do motivational speaking one of the best products for learning how to market yourself is called experts academy by brendan buchard. to get started is simple really develop a message adn speak about it to get paid is a different story
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
snm
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of snm
Well of course, having a message and a good talk are vital. Once we've got that though, how do we start getting paid?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That depends on what you're speaking about, and the type of speaker you are (format).
Jesse Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Jesse Lewis
Generally the place to start as any speaker is at your local service club elks, lions, eagles they have a meeting every month and usually get an unpaid speaker in this is where you refine your craft. You might get a meal out of them but they do not pay for these speeches. while you are at it you may as well start developing your book from these speeches and sell BOR that is where the money is at this point.

Depending on your topic you can take the easiest route possible which would be middle and high schools but the hardest audience. Because they have seen many bad motivational speakers before.

There is also corporate speaking but that is a different ball game again as the topic you may have used for the schools may not be appropriate.

Many different avenues to choose from in the speaking world figure out which you like best and most importantly market and sell and you can make money if you do it as an ego thing then good luck enjoy the poorhouse
Learn how to build a bigger business at www.showbizsuccesssecrets.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-12-29 18:49, snm wrote:
Motivational speaking is an area that I am wanting to move into. Do you guys have any advice or tips on how to get started in the industry?

You must have a message and be able to deliver it separate from any other tools such as tricks or mentalism or hypnosis.

It's not easy to jump into the speaking scene unless you are very good and dynamic already then it's still not a slam dunk.

John
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for the replies everyone! Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I am former 80's financial services (national sales manager). We ALL did motivational speaking back then.
In reality we simply got 3 or 4 books off the shelf of any airport book shop and re-wrote what everybody else said and stood back accepting the applause. (a good idea couldn't give a bugger who uses it!
The best way to explain it would be like some of the tutors of magic or hypnotism of today.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Anyone a Motivational Speaker here, aside from being a Hypnotist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL