The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stack Boxes-Why is her head at her feet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
97 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
Does anyone know of a manufac./dealer of the 'ol stack boxes illusion?
I know Paul Osborne has design plans but his
seem very vague, are they're any others?

Thanks,
AC
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
Could you be possibly de looking at Mismade Girl Plans instead of stack of boxes plans?
firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
97 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
Possibly-thought they were the same type of illusion.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Most plans are pretty vague ... even the best builders only have a few sketches, it's really pretty funny when you see what they've got to go on. Building magic props does involve a lot of trail and error .. it's all part of the process.

Steve
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
What I meant to say is that you're not going to get a cut sheet with how each piece fits on a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood. That just doesn't exist. As far as I'm concerned, the Osborne plans are the best on the market. Both the Mis Made Lady and the Stack of Boxes are available on his site. Just look up Illusion Systems and you'll find them.

I've used the plans myself to build some pretty awesome props including the Mis Made Lady, Twister, Blade Box, and the Zig Zag Lady. There are even a series of Illusion System books with helpful workshop tips and advice from full-time pro's .. including myself!

Steve
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Steve- there are also some videos out that show you how to build the illusions with step by step instructions. I believe by illusionworks. I have a few of them around here somewhere. they are on VHS tapes! yea there that old.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Steve,

Actually the Owens' plans that I have (not Thayer's) have a cutting list on them.

B
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On 2012-01-04 10:44, Sam Sandler wrote:
Steve- there are also some videos out that show you how to build the illusions with step by step instructions. I believe by illusionworks. I have a few of them around here somewhere. they are on VHS tapes! yea there that old.

sam

Old but still relevant! They are the IllusionWorks videos put out by Rand Woodbury. I believe they were on DVD now somewhere...
firenmagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, Alabama
97 Posts

Profile of firenmagic
Thanks Steve, yes the Bozo show w/ your Twister Illusion
"She Bop" song-great design and illusion!

Thanks for the advice brothas!
AC
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Thanks buddy, you can clearly see the Osborne design in the "Twister" You'll also notice how I've added my own touches to the illusion to make it my own.

Good luck on your project ...

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stack Boxes-Why is her head at her feet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL