The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just an idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Im not a mentalist, but figured I would share this with you mindreaders Smile

I just bought and viewed TIMELESS and its amazingly simple and very clever.
Now for those of you who do not want to use a regular wrist watch and want to stick to the old school pocket watch look.... the Timeles method works with pocketwatches as well. So you could have them choose a time and then know what it is, and then at the end of the routine the hands vanish off of the pocket watch.
Just figured id let you all know Smile
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Hi! doesn't it look like some trick watch or something like that..?
I thought you would get a gimmick (the watch).. or is it a method that you could use with other watches?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
You get everything you need when you buy the effect.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
When I read the ad for this effect my first reaction was "Why?" I guess it's fine as a magic trick, but the magical vanish of the hands at the end is what makes it just that - a magic trick. Not mentalism.

That's probably why there hasn't been much talk about it in the mentalism forums.

Good thoughts,

Bob
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Quote:
On 2012-01-04 14:15, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
You get everything you need when you buy the effect.
ok, thanks!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It can also be pseudo hypnosis or influencing them to see something that isn't there.

Tony
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I use it as follows

I only show the hands to one person.
At the end, I talk about how I planted the thought into their head to the point where that actually thought they saw the hands on the watch. So its not a vanishing of the hands( magic trick) its a... the hands were never actually there to begin with. I tie this into the movie inception where I planted the idea into their head making them think it was there own...even though it wasnt real

You do get a "gimmick" but it can be applied to any type of watch hat uses hands,, obviously digital wont work with this principle Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Just an idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL