The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The "more-than-likely-not-new" color change! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biggen12002
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of biggen12002
Edit for rambling: Just skip down to the bottom for the video, the first three paragraphs are boring.

Hey Café, I've been lurking on these forums for years now, just never say much. I have that generic boring story of "learning my first trick at a really young age" .. "bothering my mom with all my new tricks" and all the other stories that we all know and love. Fast forward 20 years and a lot of bad decisions, and you get me! Bad jokes aside, magic has been a serious hobby of mine for the past year and a half now. I've seen a few different color changes since I started really learning, but I obviously haven't seen even %1 of what's out there.

Earlier this morning, I was toying with an idea I had a long time ago. The problem in the past was that I had the idea, but could never execute the move. So this morning, I was working on my invisible pass while on the toilet(hopefully not to crude; I think we've all been here before Smile ), and I remembered the idea I once had, and was able to do the move! So now that I can somewhat do it, I'm pretty convinced someone else has stumbled upon it to!

I'll link the video at the bottom. It shows two variations, one with cover and one without cover. These were my first takes (I had to re upload the video to add the no cover idea) and it's not very good to be honest. If any of you can identify the trick as someone else's, please send me in the right direction so I can learn it properly. If it's somehow something new, I'm sure there's a way to improve it! It should be pretty obvious how I'm doing it, but I think it could look even better with more thought and practice applied.

It's an unlisted Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWQIF4P0IT4
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I haven't seen that before, looks amazing. I'll fully admit, I am fooled Smile
mehdielamri
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mehdielamri
Oh I love it ! I am fooled .
Women are magical ... so I became a magician.
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
Wow that is amazing, is it hard?
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
You underestimate yourself. I honestly have no idea how you did that! Smile
Reality is a real killjoy.
David Martin
View Profile
Regular user
East Lyme, CT
118 Posts

Profile of David Martin
I'm afraid the solution to this is just too obvious...it's magic!

Seriously, I have no clue and there's no tells of anything dirty going on. It looks great!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
If that's legit, it's really good visually....the right hand not moving is a great convincer.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
If this is real than submit it to ellusionist and make some money.
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
Watched this again and I wish the video had a better frame rate because that makes me suspicious of video trickery. I started to challenge myself on how I would create the effect but not sure if its going to work properly. Still stumped.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The "more-than-likely-not-new" color change! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL