The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Types/clasifications of effects - where to find described (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Hello the many learned and wise workers here on the Café. I am not brand new, but definitely early in my learning curve. I am looking for direction where to find some discussion and/or reading about the various kinds of effects. Like vanishing, producing, translocation(?) and the like. Something that gives me a way to classify the various broad groups of effects out there. I am getting more indepth looking at the effects and methods I have in my repertoire for practice . . . and trying to make sure I keeping enough breadth in material. Very aware of not hitting too many cards or heavy on ropes, etc. I want to learn more about the philosophy and inner theory of the craft as we look at kinds of effects.

I am not affraid to read, nd prefer not to buy a bunch of DVD's if it can be found somewhere else. I want to learn the fundamentals if this is one thing available . . . and get familiar with the classic resources as I can.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
You might find the work of Dariel Fitzkee interesting. In his one of his books, "The Trick Brain," he proposes that there are 19 basic magic effects. This thread is a discussion about his book and specifically the types of card effects there are. A search of the Café for "Dariel Fitzkee" will yield quite a bit of reading about him and his work. Some people swear by his books, others find them kind of dry.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Tarbells.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
I am stunned at just how much material I got with just two replies so far . . . . . and one was a one-word response! I appreciate what you've given so far, and anyone who has more is also appreciated.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Right under your nose - this very forum. Look more carefully at how each subject is divided and then even sub-divided.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Types/clasifications of effects - where to find described (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL