The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Psuedo-memory demonstrations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Wow! abosolutely astonished!
Magic is a vanishing art.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Take a look a Gene Anderson's Si Stebbins routine. You won't be disappointed.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1669 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Pit Hartling has a 3 phase memory routine in his book Card Fictions (pg 78). The presentation he uses is so funny. I've seen him do this live and it is well worth looking at.

Marty
Ricardo Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ricardo Delgado
Since no one mentioned:

Lennart Green has a great trick, apparently not well known, called Fingertip Intuition. It's a memory trick where the spectator finds out he/she has a great memory too.

Bye
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Barry Richardson has a very nice method that I use for one phase of my own routine. It was detailed in Bascom Jones "Magick" magazine and may be on his recent dvd series also, but as I don't have them I'm not sure.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I use a Devil's Deck. Looks like the cards are memorised then Faro shuffled then I'll cut to any card called for. Three phases seems to be the magic number, for my taste. The deck can be "shown on all sides" by revolving your wrist as you turn it over

Preceding the Devils Deck I'll do a card stab with a regular deck that was handled by a spectator, put that deck away, then bring "it" back to show them how I knew where their card was Smile
Ruairidh
View Profile
Regular user
London
200 Posts

Profile of Ruairidh
One of the few that has fooled me is Pit Hartling's routine from his book. Card Fictions.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I've posted this somewhere before, but - if you're intersted at all, way back in 1951 I was doing table magic at Billy Reed's Little Club on Park Avenue in New York City. The actor, Victor Jory came in quite often, each time bringing a different friend for me to do magic for. Each time, I wanted to do at least one trick that Jory hadn't seen yet. I was young, and knew only a finite number of card effects. What happened next was a "pivot point" for me, kinda' changed my life. I was always interested in memory work, and since I'd run out of "normal" card effects, the only choice left was to do a memory thing for him. To me, it was sort-of like scratching the bottom of the barrel, but... Here's the effect:

He shuffled, then I had him call off the cards pretty rapidly. Then, he gave me a number from 1 to 52 and I'd tell him the card at that position. He'd name any card, and I'd tell him where it lie in the deck. I did that 5 or 7 times, and then asked for his favorite poker hand. He said "Royal Flush." I asked which suit. He said "Spades." I said, "Look at the cards at positions 14, 23, 32, 38 and 44." He did, and found the five high spades!

Now, that "pivot point" I mentioned: Mr. Jory stood up and exclaimed, "Harry, the sleight of hand stuff you've done for me over the past weeks were great (etc) but, what you just did..." And he went on to really RAVE about the above-described memory piece. That changed my life, because I realized the strength of the memory work. Just thought I'd relate this, although it has nothing to do with "pseudo." HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Wow, that was the moment! The rest is history.
roho
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of roho
I really like to perform "Sal's Memory Opener" from his Lecture Notes DVD volume one. Without exaggeration one of my favourite card routines of all time.
velcrowe
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of velcrowe
I've grown to like Sal Piacente's Memory Opener as well.

Curious where to find Mockingbird by Mr. Maven. I enjoy much of the procedure, but might reveal differently after learning it.
velcrowe
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of velcrowe
My bad, the YouTube link shows it is on Volume 1 of his Videomind DVDs. Is it in print anywhere?
MuMu2017
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of MuMu2017
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 05:56, jekyllandhyde wrote:
This is a great version of a memory demonstration...

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d......ory-man/

Right! More memory man kills. I just learned it one week and performed it twice. And all the layman believed that I memorized the whole pack of cards after they shuffled it. It's simple, strong and really convincing.
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Any one seen the New DVD by Luke Jermay - Card Memory DVD, its available at International Magic, Its also got to do effects with Memory !
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Has anyone Checked out the New DVD, CARD Memory by Luke Jermay at International Magic! Its also based on Card Memory Effects!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Here's another one, which I have performed regularly for many years. It's not the most convincing demonstration imaginable, but it's quick, easy, bold as hell and fun to perform. It can also be used as a lead-in to more profound demonstrations like Lagerould's Pseudometry. The trick is called "Photo-Memory" by Hans Trixer and can be found in Corinda's 13 Steps.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Shhhhhh uli!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Psuedo-memory demonstrations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL