The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slippery Sam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

204rags
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of 204rags
This gaffed coin is the smoothest --- THE smoothest moves --- item for doing coins across I have ever seen. I carry it in my pocket all the time and it never ceases to amaze people !!! Most dealers carry this in their trick coins --- "slippery sam.'
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
I just ordered a slippery sam to go with my TUC in Morgan Coin.

I was using a shell wih it, but found it soemwhat awkward for the routine I was trying to build. So I am looking forward to the Slippery Sam.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Slippery Sam is the perfect gaff for 3 fly (ultimate 3 fly)!

Rick
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Got my Morgan Slippery Sam from Joe Mogar, added it to my TUC, and is just too sweet.

I ordered another Morgan TUC from Mr. Tango, who is also supplying another Slippery Sam for it.

I sent him my Morgans to use to make the TUC, and Slippery Sam, and he is most gracious.

When I get this one, I will have two TUCs with Slipper Sams, and can you say Four Fly??

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
I love my old slippery Sam, but I am afraid to carry it with me, I am afraid that the side of will bend easy, mine is an 1913 english penny, I feel the sides is mouch thinner than my shells sides.

But it is IMO the coolest gaff for a copper/silver transition.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 16:26, 204rags wrote:
This gaffed coin is the smoothest --- THE smoothest moves --- item for doing coins across I have ever seen. I carry it in my pocket all the time and it never ceases to amaze people !!! Most dealers carry this in their trick coins --- "slippery sam.'

I've posted a couple of applications of Steve's gaff to that plot here at the Café. Also mentioned that work in the Genii article. If you look you'll also find the outline of what I feel the best general case handling of the trick. If you can get a magnetic base and two of the sliders shimmed and set to nest you have most of the rough edges managed and can focus on that last coin. If you contact Rannie he's also got a killer approach to doing the trick that has the ending managed.

What's left - just the presentation. And that's really between you, your character and your audiences. That's where a trick becomes something folks want to see.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I had a m------c Peace Dollar Slippery Sam made for me by Roy Kueppers for doing U3F. After experimenting, I found a .005mm s--m in the s---l to be ideal. The unit works quite easily and can still be flipped in the air with out any fear of disclosure.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Wonderful that the great Steve Dusheck is mentioned here regarding this magical gaff. A tremendous magic creator that brought about Slippery Sam and so much more.

I actually have one of his original uses (directly from him) for it in his old Copper/Silver Transpo effect (aka "Digital Dissolve"). And he's still around making magic today I'm happy to say. Smile

Gladder still to call him a friend and happy that people all over the world make and or utilize this still deceptively ingenious work, and continue to discover its awesome power as to coin magic. Smile

Thank you, Steve Dusheck.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

MB have you tried the second "multiplying money" item from More Magic with a DS? (Dusheck Shell - seems nicer than L or "slider" Smile )
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I haven't JT but have often thought about that. Might give it whirl now to see what I can see. Thanks for bringing it up. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
Quote:
On May 31, 2012, Mb217 wrote:
Wonderful that the great Steve Dusheck is mentioned here regarding this magical gaff. A tremendous magic creator that brought about Slippery Sam and so much more.

I actually have one of his original uses (directly from him) for it in his old Copper/Silver Transpo effect (aka "Digital Dissolve"). And he's still around making magic today I'm happy to say. Smile

Gladder still to call him a friend and happy that people all over the world make and or utilize this still deceptively ingenious work, and continue to discover its awesome power as to coin magic. Smile

Thank you, Steve Dusheck.

I have the original Duscheck from 30 years ago. I use this routine to great effect. I was in fantasia on NYC last month and saw digital dissolve. I'll stick to the original duscheck gimmick as I didn't like the new gimmick as it cannot stand visualization easily.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, mkarav wrote:

I have the original Duscheck from 30 years ago. I use this routine to great effect. I was in fantasia on NYC last month and saw digital dissolve. I'll stick to the original duscheck gimmick as I didn't like the new gimmick as it cannot stand visualization easily.

Do you mean the gaff can't stand visualization? Or the different routine?

Thanks!

Jim
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Duscheck has two items using the slider. His ultimate copper and silver transpo and the slippery sam combination set. one of them is fully attractive and two handed Smile
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
Sorry J-Mac I misspoke, the dealer showed me the wrong gimmick. I ordered the Digital Dissolve effect and the slippery sam is just fine and actually is smoother and slides easier than the original Duscheck gimmick.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2014, mkarav wrote:
Sorry J-Mac I misspoke, the dealer showed me the wrong gimmick. I ordered the Digital Dissolve effect and the slippery sam is just fine and actually is smoother and slides easier than the original Duscheck gimmick.

OK - I wasn’t sure which one was troubling for you. I agree that the gimmick is a decent one, but I didn't like the routine offered with Digital Dissolve as much as Steve's original routine.

Thanks!

Jim
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2014, mkarav wrote:

OK - I wasn’t sure which one was troubling for you. I agree that the gimmick is a decent one, but I didn't like the routine offered with Digital Dissolve as much as Steve's original routine.

Thanks!

Jim

After Theory 11 sorted things out with him, Dusheck's original routine was offered/provided free of charge as a (password protected) PDF to people who bought Digital Dissolve. I'm not certain, but I would assume that's still the case, so buying DD doesn't preclude using/access to the original.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I realize that, and my point was that I much prefer Steve's routine. If mkarav's dissatisfaction with DD had been with the routine I was curious as to which he was referring. As it turns out he appears to have had a bad gimmick.
:)
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slippery Sam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL