The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette thru coin ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I am looking for this coin but where you can show both sides before and after the effect. I had one from johnson but it had a spring back that couldn't be shown.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Tango has a two sided coin.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I have the Tango coin, and it's very well made. The only "downside" is that it's the old-style quarter. Only mentioning it since it's rare for me to find a non-state (new) quarter.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Thanks guys. I will contact him now.

Cheers PT
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Jeff,

I wonder why they don't use the state quarters. Personally, I still see enough of the old quarters that it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I will check in the tricks for sale section.
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
You can create one yourself, using a power drill, just drill out the center of the coin, in the same diameter as a cigarette, and you have your gimmick,

with a little slide of hand, you can display the "coin" from both sides, and even have the spectator handle the coin
the good thing with the gimmick is that there is no maintenance. and it only costs you the what the coin is worth.
Once you have drilled out the coin, it will always work, and you will never be unlucky to pay with it.

(it was actually how I got my first gimmick coin, I have it still, I don't use it any more, since I have stopped smoking.)
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I got it. thanks guys.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 18:18, HenrikHyldig wrote:
You can create one yourself, using a power drill, just drill out the center of the coin, in the same diameter as a cigarette, and you have your gimmick,

with a little slide of hand, you can display the "coin" from both sides, and even have the spectator handle the coin
the good thing with the gimmick is that there is no maintenance. and it only costs you the what the coin is worth.
Once you have drilled out the coin, it will always work, and you will never be unlucky to pay with it.

(it was actually how I got my first gimmick coin, I have it still, I don't use it any more, since I have stopped smoking.)
That's the Belanger Cig thru quarter.
– Karl Germain
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
My Ultimate Cigarette Thru Half had its component parts mady by Sasco, but I took the two closure buttons down by hand and assembled the coin myself. The buttons slid inside the coin to open and close the hole. ONly 200 units were made.

David Roth said it was the best of both worlds. Bill Wisch sold them through his Wisch Craft magic.

Kotah
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Man that sounds neat kotah.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Thanks bowers. THe coin was set on the pad of the extendes index finger, the weight of the coin closed theface half of the button,turning it over and repositioning on the finger closed the tail side of the coin. While it was penetrated by the cigarette of course, it could be shown freely front and back. I have one of the originals and it still works smoothly.
Its nice that I could credit and record its existance here on the Café'.
Kotah
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Why did they not make anymore?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
It was far too labor intensive to enable a reasonable price point/ profit margin to be maintained.

Since I was finishing the coins manually, it a way, the limited run was a relief of sorts if that makes sense.

each coin and its purchaser was recorded. so those who own them have a rare item in coin magic.

Hope that answers your question sir.

Kotah
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea I understand kotah there are some lucky owners out there.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
The one-sided one works just fine for me. Just show the magic moment quickly, do the switch, and get "Did that just happen?" reactions - great trick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Cigarette thru coin ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL