The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
I saw a magician do a card effect on TV some years ago and it really impressed me
(I'm into mentalism and my card repertoire is Si S,Boris W, side steal, basic pass and false shuffle. But I am working with the 2 Show Off tapes LOL)
The effect went 'something' like this
Deck is face up. M. shows 10 of diamonds, he passes his hand over it. 9D. 8D.7D.....AD. Sometimes his hand moved forward and back. Sometimes, side to side. I think. Halfway through he did a couple of flourishy cuts and then continued.
I have tried doing this by putting the cards 9 to ace on the bottom and transferring them. Stealing them in one direction and showing them on the return.
I have a fourishy false cut form the Show Off tape that I can use for half way through
There are a few problems with this way.
As a newcomer to cards, ANY hints, clues, advice would be appreciated
Name of the effect?
I(s it a good idea to steal cards while moving in 4 directions? Would it be a lot easier to reduce them to 3, 2 or even 1?
The names of some good steals or sleights to do this better?
Smile
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I'm not really a card man, but you could be discribing a Stanley Collin's effect; The Pip-Eating Spider.
Billy McComb has a version which uses gimicked cards.
Hope this is of some help.
Eddie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL