The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Had a bad day? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
How's this for a (b)itch session? Everything on here is true, and I have left a couple out for privacy's sake.
Also, everything on here is current and happening now.

1) My wife's Dad was in the hospital on and off for almost 2 months. They took out 10 feet of his small intestine for being ruptured. Now they think he has a hiatle Hernia as well.
2) My Wife's Sister had surgury to remover her breast tissue for a combination of genetic issues and a lump.
3) My Wife's cousin just died last week of the same cancer the sister was trying to avoid.
4) My wife flew out to see her sick uncle, but did not make it in time (see below)
5) My wife's Uncle just passed away. Leaving behind his wife who is stricken with alzheimers amoung other ailments.
6) Neither the sister nor the dad are really ready to travel to go to the funeral
7) I can't wait to find out what is next.
Got stress? remember I left some out.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Wow, this certainly puts some of my irelevant whims into perspective Cliff....prayers for your loved ones and for the strength of you and your wife. You are both showing incredible fortitude during this testing time

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Hey Cliff, hang in there my friend. They say that God never gives us more than we can handls, so you must have some special attibutes that HE is developing in you and your family. Prayers your way. best, bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Hope things get better Cliffg37.

Best wishes to your family.

-Mary Mowder
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wishing you and your wife strength and acceptance in this crazy time.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
That's rough man. Hope things get better for you and your family.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Cliff, I have faith that you are wearing it well. Be the rock for your family that I know you can be.

Today on the pitch a young girl went by in a wheelchair. She was missing both legs. But for the grace of God...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That's tough and so heartbreaking. Smile

Stay strong Cliffg37...

Not much to give but someone told me once.... Cry if you must, laugh when you can.

Prayers for you and yours.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. I really was doing OK, but the last one, the one I leftout is personal to my wife and hits me harder than the others. I will be strong for my wife and for my 12 year old daughter too. I know the big guy is with me. Sometimes it just gets really tough to handle.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 22:57, Bob1Dog wrote:
Hey Cliff, hang in there my friend. They say that God never gives us more than we can handls, so you must have some special attibutes that HE is developing in you and your family. Prayers your way. best, bob

Good advice from Bob there Cliff, you will grow exponentially from these tests, chin up big fella Smile

"Be generous in prosperity and thankful in adversity...."

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I feel for you and it's tough to be strong when the world is falling apart around you. In circumstances like this, as hard as it is, focus on the positive things that are going well around you. Your daughter's well being and health for example..that is something to be grateful for and will keep you going.
I'm writing this with experience as I'm going through many of the same things you are and keep giving myself the self pep talks. Stay strong Cliff and my thoughts are with you.
C
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
No offense, Cliff, but nearly everything you typed began with "my wife's".

Just get rid of your wife, and your problems are over. Right?

(Just kidding. Love you, buddy! Keep your head up.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Had a bad day? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL