The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun time is over (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Since only the living commit crimes, let's outlaw life.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-02-14 20:02, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I don't think anyone has tried to characterize all people on public assistance as drug users, gamblers, or strip club patrons, either; some DO, though, characterize those who ARE as having possibly enough uhhhh discretionary income as to perhaps need less assistance than previously thought.

I have to disagree with you on this. This, in its many manifestations around the country, is just a resurrection of the old "welfare queen" canard that was advanced in the 80's.

Good thoughts,

Bob
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I don't think anyone has tried to characterize all people on public assistance as drug users, gamblers, or strip club patrons, either; some DO, though, characterize those who ARE as having possibly enough uhhhh discretionary income as to perhaps need less assistance than previously thought.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You like that trick Lobo? My last post, responding to yours, appears BEFORE your post.

:eek:
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-14 20:19, mastermindreader wrote:
You like that trick Lobo? My last post, responding to yours, appears BEFORE your post.

Bob, I knew you were a top-shelf mentalist, but quit showing off!

That's what happens when I post from my phone. But it was a really long line at Best Buy.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2012-02-14 20:16, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I don't think anyone has tried to characterize all people on public assistance as drug users, gamblers, or strip club patrons, either...

Disagree . . . we can deconstruct the words like lawyers, but that is not the right tool here. The intent, like our collective interest in magic, is to plant false memories and images: this is hypnosis to plant the false image that welfare user=wanton flagrant money abuser. It provides excellent misdirection and cover for the military and corporate thieves hiding in plain sight.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-02-14 20:14, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Since only the living commit crimes, let's outlaw life.

:thumbsup:
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-14 20:19, mastermindreader wrote:

Hahahaha....only you can pull that one off Bob lol (must admit, you had me stunned for a split second!)

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun time is over (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL