The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Visual mobile phone tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I recently upgraded my phone to one with a wee colour screen. I decided to see if I could use the picture/upload features to make a few tricks.

I just finished the first one today. Some one selects a card (from a real deck). I show the screen which has a five of clubs on it. They tell me I've got it wrong and it was the four of clubs so I rub the middle pip off the screen with my finger. I think it's quite neat. I've done it so my hands go nowhere near the keypad for the rubbing of the pip bit.

I do the graphics and programming on the computer then use the wap connection to put the tricks on my phone.

Here's a few more that I've come up with methods for but have not yet built:
  • From a list shown on the screen a tune is selected at "random". The spectator concentrates on the tune (without naming it) and the phone starts playing it.

• A spectator sticks their thumb on the screen and are seen to leave a black thumbprint the phone apparently "scans" the print and gives them an accurate personality read out.

• And finally a spectator is asked to name any word in the English language. He names the word and the phone is handed to another spectator who is told to read the word on the screen. It says exactly the same word. (Sorry that's not a trick, it's actually the old gag, the screen really does say "exactly the same word".)
Can anyone think of any other tricks I could do on my phone?

The methods in all the tricks are fairly simple. I don't think they would be regarded as major miracles but I think it's quite appropriate for a magician to be able to do things with their mobile that no one else can.

George
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
That is some cool stuff, I really like the first one where you apparently rub one of the pips off.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Actually, I think the play that tune one is the most intriguing. As a magician and an IT guy, the others are fathomable, but the tune one sounds (no pun intended) the most impressive.
Have you heard of Ryan Swigert's Name That Tune trick? Excellent stuff. =)

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Visual mobile phone tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL