The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Agony and the Ecstasy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
164 Posts

Profile of Big Sam
Often when learning a new trick it's easy to get discouraged, especially when a specific sequence is required. At times it seems like there must be a misprint in the instructions because something isn't working. For example, I've been trying to learn John Bannon's Bullet Party for a week and just couldn't seem to get it. I read and re-read the book, constantly viewed the DVD, and still no progress.

Then suddenly I figured out my mistake and everything worked beautifully. It was a really, really simple mistake and now it seems so obvious,but until I had that flash of inspiration I just couldn't get it.

So, if you find yourself stuck, DON'T GIVE UP. Once you suffer through the learning curve you'll be rewarded with a fantastic feeling of accomplishment.

Sam
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea ive practiced new sleights before
and thought ill never be able to do this.
and them bam I get it down pat.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
The bit I like is when you're following the trick on the book/dvd, and then when you get to the end, and it is infact your card, I just sit back and go: "YEEEEAAAH" , and then you go into learning it.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I've been fiddling with CMH in my few spare minutes here and there and it just isn't happening yet. I look on YouTube and some kid has got it down. He says "I stayed up all night learning this." Oh to be 13 again with nothing better to do than stay up all night and practice!!

Ed
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ LOL @ Ed! So true!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Agony and the Ecstasy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL