The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » How to get free kisses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nevarillusions
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of nevarillusions
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Sorry, I just simply could not enjoy that at all. Perhaps a little humility will take you a long way...
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
nevarillusions
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

No worries I don't normally post for magicians was just seeing what they think but aparently my current style is not majoritly apreiciated
but I apreciate the feed back your one of the first to give me abit of advice to get ahead

but like I said before I don't perform for magicians I perform for regular people and these acts have taken me to work with multi million dollar DJ companies let alone the bars and clubs I work at

so.... I don't know what the real world of magic is any more magicians say one thing and the people that hire me say another
I'm unfortunatly a little cocky aswell but I'm only 19 lol ( self produced ) living the dream, my production level in videos is still on its way though!!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Interesting venue.

Yeah, you're a little cocky, but you know it.

I thought it was funny.

Will be interesting to see your routine 5 or 10 years from now.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I think having confidence is great, and obviously if your audience enjoys it that's all that really matters (even if they are drunken teenage beach goers). However, I think too much confidence comes across as arrogance. I personally think words like "amazing," "awesome," "scam" "owned" and "King of Cards" with "intense moves" are a little much, especially considering your performances. Also, the annoying repeated "boiiing" sound effect in the video was not only unnecessary, but very annoying. I also wouldn't expose a false cut either, especially when doing it so sloppily, but again that's just me. "Scamming kisses" is just not a thing I believe a magician should be making videos and bragging about. I know there may be a right time and place for it (such as your scenario) I'm just thinking of the ill-informed younger generation that uses YouTube as their only source of magical education. I just think it sets a poor example.

A final note, perhaps you should consider spell check, a dictionary, or something that may help you come across a little bit better, especially if you wish to pursue a career in this field. Words are important, and I don't think your spelling or choice of words is helping you very much.

But hey, it looks like you all had fun on the beach and that's what it's all about. Good luck.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
nevarillusions
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Thanks lol first bit of advice I found usfull haha its cool to see how two different post get completly different responses
theamazingryan
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of theamazingryan
I have no problem with being a little cocky but bravado is an art that needs fine tuning. Looks like yours is tuned perfectly fine for that audience. It probably wouldn't play with many other audiences, but your handling is really good. If you haven't already you should try branching out into different venues to work on a more moderate attitude to keep in your back pocket for when it's more appropriate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » How to get free kisses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL