The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A REMARKABLE EFFECT. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
Something I would like to know beforehand is whether the numbers of object/volunteers is limited to 3?
granterg
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of granterg
I would just like to thank kinesis on sending me his tweakings on Colin's kolintrol.

I very much appreciate it.

granterg
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 13:55, granterg wrote:
I would just like to thank kinesis on sending me his tweakings on Colin's kolintrol.

I very much appreciate it.

granterg

So you got this although you don't know or have the original? o.O
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Well this whole thing may have just been an elaborate April Fools prank, but getting Kinesis' take on Kolintrol made it worth it. Thank you, Kinesis. Very friendly of you. And a very, very clever script.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I do try to ensure that people that I don't know that well have purchased Colin's effect in some form. There has to be a certain amount of trust here as I can't ever know for sure. However the alteration to Colin's original script will mean very little unless you know the full routine. I'm doing my best not to tip Colin's fantastic effect, simply share my take on part of the scripting. So please, if you want me to share this with you then when you PM me, please indicate in some way that will prove you have already purchased this effect in some form. Colin is a good friend and I do not want this to become an issue. I am giving back to The Café in a small way. Please do not abuse my goodwill.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey Derek:

No good deed, my friend... Thanks for sharing the work.

best

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Indeed, LOL.

Thanks Dave.

Derek

FACEBOOK
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Kenisis, didn't recieve what you had to offer. But that's o.k. I did recieve something else from you, and thanks for you being so generous.

edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Derek shared with me his alterations to the script. Great thinking; I too was uncomfortable with the wording previously. Thanks Derek!

Regards,
-AH
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Smokingkills: an excellent questrion. Because Freewill was done with three, it was done with three... (I have the... you have the... the .. is on the table)but you COULD have the participant place the items in different places, so - 5 or 6 items, - yes, that would work. Personally, having been at the birth of this, it drew a reaction from me, as I have never reacted to an effect before. Seriously. Having used the effect on two magicians, (who thought they knew where the effect was going) they were literally stunned to silence for a moment or two, before reacting just as I did when Colin first showed it to me. (Though I did NOT reveal the workings of it to them.) Want a reaction from smart-as magicians and mentalists? - this will do it. 100%
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I'm on holiday at the moment. So if you have PM'd me ( and many of you have) please be patient. I will reply.

FACEBOOK
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 17:32, Drewmcadam wrote:

Without giving too much away – and without exaggerating - I can tell you that he asked me to put three objects on the table. One was mine, one was his, and the third was Derek’s. He then took a piece of paper, wrote something on it, and placed it in the centre of the table. I SWEAR he did not touch that piece of paper again.

He then launched into what sounded very like the kind of patter used in Deddy Corbuzier’s “Freewill”, so I thought I knew what was coming. But I was wrong – very wrong. “Pick up one of the objects and keep it. Give one to me. And leave the last one on the table.” Those were his exact words – and IS his exact words every time he performs it. No multiple out, no equivoque, no magician’s choice, no forcing – no switching the piece of paper on the table OR switching the script depending on what I took, what I gave, and what I left. It genuinely was THAT clean!

Yet when I opened the paper, it was a prediction. And it EXACTLY matched what had happened. The object I was holding, the object I had handed Colin, and the object that was on the table… Absolutely right in every respect. Honestly, I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. Unbelievable.

What’s more, he could do it exactly the same, every time, and get the outcome right 100% of the time.

so, is this routine done with that "device" colin mentioned in the penguin lecture ?
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
244 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
It can be done without that device also. This manuscript only mentions a method without the device seen in the lecture.

- Dave.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
“Pick up one of the objects and keep it. Give one to me. And leave the last one on the table.” Those were his exact words – and IS his exact words every time he performs it.

aaaargh, this gives me headaches !

I doubt that "pick...-give...-leave..." is the exact procedure everytime , when performing this routine.

how is this possible?
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
244 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
You won't get an answer to that question here. You could try messaging Colin through these forums to find out where you could source the effect. I think he was planning to release this in an upcoming book.. I'm not sure if this is still the case though.
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Just want to say a big thanks to Kinesis for sharing his scripting of Kolintrol with me. Definitely something I will try out Smile

Thanks Derek!
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
No Problem Matt.

I've had another flurry of PMs about this. If anyone else would like my take on this feel free to PM me.

Derek

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A REMARKABLE EFFECT. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL