The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Switch by John Lovick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Here is a video review of John Lovick's Switch. The review covers details of how the book is laid out and I also slip in a couple of bill switches along the way. Of course, I don't offer up any presentations from the book, as I didn't want to give away part of the book's value.

http://www.magicbookreport.com/2012/03/s......-lovick/

If anyone has considered buying this book, or if you're just hearing about it for the first time, come check it out.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Steven, your site is rapidly becoming one of my favorite magic websites. Keep up the great work! Thanks for all you do with these book reviews.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Perfect timing for me as this book was on my radar for the past few weeks. Your review was all the motivation I needed to pick it up.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Thought I replied to this already. Great review of a great book.

Wait, I remember now, I replied in the Pictures forum.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, Jeff! Much appreciated. Nooner, you won't be sorry--now get to switchin'! gdw, you're spot on. This really is a great book all around. Not just in breadth, but depth.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
It's an excellent book and great resource.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Very nice review, and the switches are really well performed.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Really great switches!
well done!
chrom
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of chrom
Wow fantastic site. I now have this on bookmark looks like a wealth of information.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks everybody. The switch I use in the review is one that I'd never seen before reading the book. I used to use Danny Garcia's "Twisted" (which is also in the book) and still love it but this new switch (at least new to me) felt a lot more natural and casual in my hands. It's the only switch I've used in performance the last 6 months and I don't think I'll be changing again anytime soon.

B2B Magazine Test!

JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Steven, your site is a joy to visit! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Steven: I enjoyed the review, but didn't hear anything about "how the book is laid out" although you definitely discussed to some degree how it was organized...
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, Jan!

Sleightly, from my perspective, discussing how a book is laid out is the same as talking about how the content is organized and presented. Of course, those with a background in publishing see those as two distinct topics, but the rest of us laymen don't typically make that distinction. I'll try to tighten up the language next time. Smile

B2B Magazine Test!

markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Very natural and nice switch one of the best and cleaner
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Admittedly I love paper money magic, and this book is fantastic. Sometimes video helps me out with these bill switches, such as with John Lovick on an early Reel Magic DVD or with Kevin King on the Money Morph DVD, but I'm a sucker for live visual learning like that. The book is amazing, and thanks for the review Steven. I've moved my bookmark of your review webpage towards the top of my favorites so I will now incessantly check it for new updates. Thanks again.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, guys! As an alternative to visiting the page when nothing new has been posted, you can use the sign-up at the bottom of the page. I send out announcement every month or so with info on new content.

B2B Magazine Test!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Switch by John Lovick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL