The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sources to learn " Shadow Coins" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Hi coin guys.

This nearly normal guy has learned that it is important to evaluate each performance venue and be able to respond to it. Sometimes it might be on a pool table.(Chris Angel or all those that hang out in bowling alleys, Rack Clubs and your Rec room if so equiped)

I love to do kids parties and sometimes get down to their level and do slapstick and killer sleight of hand.

I have seen Ammar and John B work. Both make it look like magic. I agree the original chink a chink was done with bigger objects. Back in 76 when I knew nothing about magic I got to see Mr. Goshman perform his Salt Shaker Act. Wow.(Today I know even less which is a good thing)

I am old fashion and still use the cards with some nearly normal kickers.

Harris Palms of Aluminum Foil Deutsch
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Magician
"For a "lighter touch in coin magic"
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
[quote]On 2003-11-08 04:19, Bradley Morgan wrote:

Then I will have a reason for doing this on the carpet. I know you can say maybe the table is gimmicked, maybe you put magnetic carpet down.LOL

Hey Brad...did you mean a magic carpet Smile
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
At penguinmagic.com in the video demos section there is a trick called matrix-reminted. Is this chink-a-chink or shadow coins? Also is the shadow coins gimmick hard to make or expensive to buy?

Flroian Rago
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Yes very, very hard to make!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
The Matrix Re-Minted trick should no longer be available. It was a direct rip-off of Roth's effect.
Jason
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Quote:
...or expensive to buy?

Flroian Rago

If you buy a cheap one you will be sorry. BTW, it does not have to be done with this gimmick.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2003-09-27 13:03, ixnay66 wrote:
These are all good routines, but he asked about Shadow Coins. It's in Ammar’s lecture notes and on the ETMCM video volume 2 I believe.

Shadow Coins is indeed on ETMCM vol. 2.
And the routine is described in Michael's 1993 Lecture Notes, page 17.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Check out Paul Cummins's Coin Video "Up In Smoke". Chink-A-Chink is just one of the cracking routines. He can also supply a gimmick to make the routine a little cleaner. Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Anybody want to try this? It makes sense to me: Performer puts four dice out in a square,or diamond configuration. On top of each die, he puts a coin.

The Coins gather at one corner (in a stack) cleanly, leaving the magician's hands empty. Having shown that there are no extra objects in play, the magician pockets the coins, and the dice now all travel to the same corner.

And, in this context, what could you do with a coin that was gaffed to remain elevated above the tabletop, as if it were sitting on something?

Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
To answer Johne, I meant like you put a gimmicked magnetic carpet down. It was a joke. To Mr.Curtis What do you mean by, "what could you do with a coin that was gaffed to remain elevated above the tabletop?" Like a Shell or something sitting on top of a dice?

Thanks brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Curtis.

Wow, the idea of chink-a-chink with first coins and then the dice just played in my nearly normal brain.

Now where are those white dice?? HMMMMM

You and the rest are appreciated once again by,

Harris "Palms of Aluminum Foil" Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sources to learn " Shadow Coins" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL