The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tarbell or Corinda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 14:11, Brad Burt wrote:
I honestly can't think of anything 'geek' in Tarbell. Anyone? Also, note, that mediumistic presentation is a very specific sub-set of Mentalism. Many mental routines can be adapted to serve, etc.

Razor Blades and Needles are both in there.
Paul
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Beat me to it, Paul.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Prismatic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Prismatic
So I'm looking through dvd tricks and the like, not the sort where props may be on your build list and noticing just how much content is already in tarbell but with different handling and in many cases, the tarbell handling is better if the patter is updated. this thing is a godsend.
"Honest, that's supposed to be on fire, really."
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 21:25, Paul Jester wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 14:11, Brad Burt wrote:
I honestly can't think of anything 'geek' in Tarbell. Anyone? Also, note, that mediumistic presentation is a very specific sub-set of Mentalism. Many mental routines can be adapted to serve, etc.

Razor Blades and Needles are both in there.
Paul

I guess....Both seem so much like 'standards' to me that I have a hard time putting them in that category, but I can see how you could. Thanks!
Brad Burt
hypnospook
View Profile
New user
Scotland
14 Posts

Profile of hypnospook
I have both and Tarbel is excellent, but I prefer Corinda as its the area that I prefer, but you should also consider Mind Myth and Magic, by T.A Waters, and Annemann, Practical Mental Magic, then of course depending on the type of magic you want to do, Banachek and Psychological Subtelties 1, 2 and 3
Prismatic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Prismatic
Thanks for the replies all, having an awful time with magictao sending out my goods though. taking ages, but did promise a suprise extra for the delay so I'll keep my eyes open.
"Honest, that's supposed to be on fire, really."
lehmannbindery
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of lehmannbindery
Quote:
On 2012-03-13 10:18, Prismatic wrote:
I've plunged for the tarbell, it's the original compiled version with the 8 books and 900 odd pages.

I'm curious. When you say "original compiled version" do you mean a reprint of the original course? There is a lot more in the eight volume set.

Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tarbell or Corinda (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL