The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The fantastic Mr. Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I stopped watching after Mr. Plastic was over because it is exactly James Muton's presentation! I mean exactly. He even hummed the exact same limbo song. Give me a break. Someone lifted this entirely from someone else.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 23:35, James Munton wrote:
Wow, someone actually took this from my dvd and lectured with it?! I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

James did you invent this effect?
John Breeds
View Profile
Veteran user
England
336 Posts

Profile of John Breeds
I guess there are usually several methods to any effect. I explained one method that my granddad taught me in my earlier post here. And that was 60 years ago!

About 25 years ago the late Pat Page showed me a method of making the dancing hanky take a bow at the end of the routine. After ditching the gimmick he partly stuffed the silk hanky into his coat’s top pocket as he said, “Okay, show’s over.”

Pat took a small bow and looked down at the silk and said, “And you. Take a bow.” The large corner of the silk hanky that poked out of his pocket suddenly bent over and took a bow.

How? Simply blow through your nose! It’s simple yet very effective.

John
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Okay, different people same effect, but the "mr. plastic" presentation was the indentical presentation that James does/created. Presentation is a performer's original stamp and creation. Many people can do the same effect but they should find their own presentation. OR if they are going to entirely lift a presentation from someone else, one would hope they have the sense not to publish their copy on the web for the world to see.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The fantastic Mr. Plastic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL