The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Youell's "tapes" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Hey guys;
You must see, buy, these! They are simply the most incredibly fantastic instructional materials I have ever seen! Steve often spends 5 minutes on a single move. He photos it from audience view, over his shoulder, on top, beneath, from the left side, from the right side--giving specific and finesse instructions all the time!! Is there any nuance not covered? I think not. You wont believe this. Set #1 covers side steal (from a spread deck), and incredible Zarrows… the best I have ever seen. #2 Contains the finest instruction ANYWHERE on Vernon's "Topping the Deck" He palms a face up card but, he doesn't palm it; it just vanishes. Carlyle's Homing Card, for beginners and advanced workers, Cardini' multiple shift done with unbelievable deception of ordinary shuffles (vs. the one- strip-out method) etc… etc. etc.
I have very seldom, if ever, been so thrilled by a purchase.
Marty K
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Steve's videos are, simply put, fantastic. Highly recommended.
Daniel M. Carrico
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'm going to watch Youell at the Magic Castle TONIGHT and see if he is as good as his DVDs.
Smile Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
Steve is the real deal. Not like these youngsters that haven't paid tehir dues!!!!

Go Steve!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hey Pete,

I can't believe you haven't seen Youell. He worked the '95 IBM in Oaktown. He is a Bay Area transplant to LA.

Cheers,

Tom

PS we miss both you and Youell.
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
I'm eagerly waiting his second cd. His first CD was stellar. I hope he comes out with the "pass cd" sometime =).
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
CD 2 is very good. Well worth the asking price.

The first section deals with palming cards. He goes into detail with the Erdnase palm and the awesome E.O.E. palm. Plenty of angles to learn it properly. My favorite section of the CD. Also includes performces of the homing card (with explanations).

Then Steve goes into forcing cards. He covers the Stanley Collins force, the classic force, and the touch force. Once again everything is presented very clearly.

Next is Steve's work on the Cardini Multiple Shift. I've seen Steve use this shift countless times for both laymen and magicians, and he fools both with it.

Also included on this cd is one of Steve's routines.

I've personally seen him use all this material live during his gigs so you will learn real world stuff from these cd's. Buy it if you do cards!
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Hey Guys,

I got these 2 cd's a few days ago. I've been looking over them and I have to say that they are freaking great.

Even though I know most of the things Steve is teaching ont the cd's it was great to see someone elses approaches to the sleights. On cd one you get some great info on the Tabled Faro, The Spread Side Steal, Top Change Tips and some killer info on the Zarrow Shuffle. Steve also gives you 5 effects in pdf format. The videos are in windows media and Real media just incase you can't watch one format.

Cd 2 is a killer too!!!

You will learn the Cardini Multiple Shift, EoE the Ernase on Edge palm...a very cool and useful palm, I won't go into much detail about it because I think you should check itout for yourself, Classic forcing instruction like a mad man!!!, The Stanely Collins force is a killer, it got me the first time I saw it!!, The Touch Force and steve also goes over the Homing Card for you guys. You see a performance and then he explains everything he did for you guys.

I like these cd's alot, I think they are helpful to everybody, even if you know the moves he's going over. It's always cool to see the touches that someone else gives to certain sleights. It's even better when a magician chooses to share this great information with the magic community. I give Steve major props for a job well done.

check them out guys.

I also saw steve performing at the magic castle last week...this dude is crazy funny!! When I first saw him I figured he was going to be a mellow dude, but I was dead wrong. He had me rolling and just having a really good time. He makes everyone in the audience feel like they are part of the show too. He's a really cool guy.
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Steve mellow?

He's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Once he gets a deck of cards into his hands....his eyes start to gleam... Smile
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2003-09-29 14:20, WandSpin wrote:
Aren't there dozens of these videos out there? daryl,ackerman, etc.
No, not dozens. There are a few. Daryl has a set of videos that essentially demo, as opposed to teaching. many, many sleights. Ackerman has a series that teaches fewer sleights and icludes effects using those sleights. What Steve Youell is doing is taking a few of the primary "powerhouse" sleights he uses, teaches them in detail with his personal touches and sells them at about half the price of the aforementioned videos. Admittedly, the format is Windows Media CD, but that's the whole point--he found a way to do it at a lower production cost that allows him to charge less.

Some of the stuff on these CD's can not be found anywhere else. Steve is an icredible performer and an excellent teacher. If you are a beginner or intermediate magician who has no desire to progree in card magic, these are not for you. If you are someone who loves cards and wants to progress to the next level of skill and proficiency, I don't think you can do any better than this series!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Youell's "tapes" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL