The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Sources for Ortiz's "Si Stebbins Secret" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
I'm wondering if there are any print sources for Darwin Ortiz's Si Stebbins Secret apart from *Darwin Ortiz At the Card Table*? I can't seem to locate any other references. I suspect there's a reason for that: there are none?

Thanks,

Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Jason,

AFAIK Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table is the only source. However, you may want to PM Mr. Ortiz. Nothing like going to the source himself!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Drop Steven Youell a note. I'm pretty sure he has some work on this.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
My book "Si Stebbins Pro - Compendium" is IMHO the only legal source apart from Mr. Ortiz. The book was published with kindly permission of Mr. Ortiz. The book (in English) is available at Lybrary.com.
Thank you again to Mr. Ortiz for your great thinking!
Hans-Christian Solka
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 06:25, hcs wrote:
My book "Si Stebbins Pro - Compendium" is IMHO the only legal source apart from Mr. Ortiz. The book was published with kindly permission of Mr. Ortiz. The book (in English) is available at Lybrary.com.
Hans-Christian Solka

Dank je wel Hans-Christian! I am off to Lybrary.com to get this!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Thanks, everyone, for the helpful responses.

Hans-Christian -- I was looking for a work with the title "Si Stebbins Pro - Compendium" at Lybrary.com, and what I found is a work entitled "Si Stebbins Pro." Here:

http://www.lybrary.com/si-stebbins-pro-p-4180.html

Is this the work you're referring to? Or is the "Compendium" a different work?

Best,

Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Take a look at the cover art, below the Jester and the pile of playing cards.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Ah, thanks, Barry.

J
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 16:24, jpleddington wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for the helpful responses.
Hans-Christian -- I was looking for a work with the title "Si Stebbins Pro - Compendium" at Lybrary.com, and what I found is a work entitled "Si Stebbins Pro." Here:
http://www.lybrary.com/si-stebbins-pro-p-4180.html
Is this the work you're referring to? Or is the "Compendium" a different work?
Best,
Jason
Yes, it is the mentioned ebook. The "Compendium" is the English version of the German ebook "Handbuch" - the essentials from the more extensive German ebook "Si Stebbins Pro".
Thank you very much for buying my book!
everitt99
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of everitt99
It can also be found in the book "Down Under Deals" by Andrew Wimhurst in the description of "The $1,000 Test Card Transmission.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Jason -

Sent you a PM. Hopefully you found what you were looking for in 2012! I just noticed the date of the OP!!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
bmmagic24
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bmmagic24
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2012, hcs wrote:
Hans-Christian Solka

In case anyone buys Dr. Christian's ebook in hopes of learning the Si Stebbins Secret, just so you are aware, he does not actually teach the method, despite what the above quote of his implies. I bought his $15 ebook after reading through this thread only because I wanted to learn the Ortiz method which is now out of print, Dr. Christian says that he is the only other legal source in print, but as it turns out he only gives the "equation" so to speak for the Si Stebbins Secret, which is gibberish to those who aren't already in the know. It is quite disappointing, I cannot speak as to the rest of his book because I haven't read it, perhaps I will, but again, my main motive for buying it was to learn Ortiz' method of going from new deck order to Si Stebbins Stack. That is not taught here.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Not a print source but Akerman basically describes the method in a video purchasable on Lybrary.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I have a different sequence that gets into Stebbins from a new deck and it is included in the new project "Temporarily out of Order" that is due out this month. Actually I give a method from both a US new deck order and the European new deck order (neither of which are the same as what Ortiz originally published.

I hope this is helpful to those searching.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Would you consider your sequence an improvement on Darwin's method Patrick?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
It's different. It works equally as well and is designed to work as a bridge step between new deck order, Stebbins and my memorized stack. In that case it is made to deliver a card to the face of the pack readying it to transform into a different stack once in Stebbins.

Like Darwin's method, it is four over hand run shuffles followed by two faro shuffles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Sources for Ortiz's "Si Stebbins Secret" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL