The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Jumping Band (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I'm sure this has been published before, but I've been working on an updated handling of the Jumping Band. If anyone can help me reference the second phase used in the video, that'd be extremely helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHdsjBlJzvQ

Enjoy!
theamazingryan
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of theamazingryan
Neat idea, but I find that the second phase doesn't really add anything to it unless the spectator does have an idea how the first phase works. I've always done this as a quick intermediary head scratcher during a rubber band routine and I can't think of a time when a spectator has given it enough thought to work it out.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 22:10, jprace wrote:
I'm sure this has been published before, but I've been working on an updated handling of the Jumping Band. If anyone can help me reference the second phase used in the video, that'd be extremely helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHdsjBlJzvQ

Enjoy!

I have personally seen Marcus Eddie and Dan Harlan do this, at diff points of my life...not in the same room!
JM
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
I could see this being used with two different color bands. one color on the pinky and ring finger and the other color on the other two fingers. do the same technique and you can have a very quick and visual transpo of the two colors.

Another thought is to have 1 band and put it around all 4 fingers with a twist in the band between the middle and ring finger. You can make a joke to watch the bands as they switch between fingers with nothing actually happening, then do the standard move, which will now make two loops around the pinky and ring finger. This would flow nicely into the color band transpo as well.

Thanks,
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Jumping Band (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL