The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » JBL EON 510 warranty-not honored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Just to let potential purchasers know, JBL's "3-year warranty" is not honored, and the service center acknowledged that JBL will make any authorized service a pain to deal with.

When I received my JBL EON 510's, one of them had problems with the combination XLR/1/4" jack. When an expensive, non-damaged Monster cable 1/4" plug was inserted, the jack wouldn't let you remove it. It would only come out with excessive force. I stopped using 1/4" plugs in that jack, and only used XLR from then on.

After a couple of years, the jack started malfunctioning, even when I used the XLR plugs on it exclusively.

JBL refused to repair it under warranty, claiming that "they had no way of knowing if I had dropped the unit on the ground with the plug in it.

Sure, they DON'T know. And I didn't. I received it that way.

But, for what I paid for one of these speakers, they should have shown up at my door in a limo to repair it.

I'm very disappointed, and would warn anyone looking to buy speakers to avoid them, due to poor service.

I have Gemini's that cost waaay less than half the price of these, and I've NEVER had a problem with them in over 9 years. But, then, they don't try to get fancy with a combo jack, either. A better design would allow both jacks on the back panel.

I assure you, JBL won't be hearing another complaint from me about their stuff not working... I won't have any to complain about. I had to pay out of pocket to repair this.

The service center even admitted that JBL was a problem in this way.

Jimmy Fingers
Mr. Ree
View Profile
Elite user
Sedona AZ
414 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ree
Thanks - I'm now choosing Micom instead of JBL.

David
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
---- William Bernbach (1911 - 1982) ----

(After 25 years of PCs, everything switched to Macs, June 2008)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That is awful.

Sorry that happened to you.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hopefully, happy that it won't happen to someone else here!!!

Jimmy
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
A friend of mine just had to take his JBL powered speaker (EON-series) in for service again. He transports it very carefully and hardly uses the speaker, yet the internal fuse has blown twice in the last couple years.

In my opinion JBL products are overpriced and unreliable. Some of the other products made by Harman, their parent company, are better quality - like Soundcraft consoles and dbx processors - but I would never trust a JBL product.

Just my two cents,
Sam
Flip Disc
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Flip Disc
I have an entire shed filled with speakers I use with my DJ and magic. I've had a set of JBL cabinets for around 10 years and have never had any problems with them. After reading this I'm feeling lucky. I also use EV and Bose 802's are my primary speakers. The first set of Bose speakers I bought 24 years ago and just sent them in about 6 months ago to have them gone over. Bose has great and quick service.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » JBL EON 510 warranty-not honored (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL