The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tony Spina health concern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Just heard that Tony Spina is in a Rehab center in Liberty. Tony's partner in the Jubilee that was planned for August says, due to Tony's health, the event has been cancelled.

You can send Tony a card or something nice at:

Achieve Rehab & Nursing Facility
170 Lake St.
Liberty NY 12754
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ben, thank so much for letting us know and the contact info.

Clarke
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember Tony Spina from when I was a kid and used save all my money to buy tricks from Lou Tannens Magic Shop, downtown NYC.

I can still see Tony demonstrating the silver floating ball (Zombie Ball(?)) with the big silk trick, he did it so well. Smile It was real magic to me to watch him. He actually sold me quite a few tricks from behind the glass counter, like Wild Card, Coin Pentro, Spooky Spots, and that trick with the ghost in the handkerchief that would rise and move, man he could really do that one. Smile And he knew I didn't have a lot of money but would always undercharge me and then throw in something extra. Now that was magic from a wonderful guy and magician, what a showman.

Much respect to him and I hope he sees better days soon.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Ben,

Thanks for the update. I too fondly remember Tony at the old Tannens location. I was looking forward to the Jubilee as it was close by. I hope his recovery is speedy and uneventful.

Dan.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 16:05, Mb217 wrote:
I remember Tony Spina from when I was a kid and used save all my money to buy tricks from Lou Tannens Magic Shop, downtown NYC.

I can still see Tony demonstrating the silver floating ball (Zombie Ball(?)) with the big silk trick, he did it so well. Smile It was real magic to me to watch him. He actually sold me quite a few tricks from behind the glass counter, like Wild Card, Coin Pentro, Spooky Spots, and that trick with the ghost in the handkerchief that would rise and move, man he could really do that one. Smile And he knew I didn't have a lot of money but would always undercharge me and then throw in something extra. Now that was magic from a wonderful guy and magician, what a showman.

Much respect to him and I hope he sees better days soon.

Smae here. I remember Tony also showed me the zombie ball trick many years ago at Tannens when I used to go there every weekend. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
All the best to Tony!
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Yes, those were the grand old days of magic; brick and mortar shop with Tony and his demonstrators!

Always fun and you never knew who you would find hanging out; Frank Garcia, Harry Lorayne....

Feel better Tony!

jim
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Get well soon Tony !!!
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
I vividly remember Tony demoing stuff at Tannens, often coming out to the middle of the shop floor and getting everyone's undivided attention. Clear as day in my mind are Tony's performances of Jumbo Sympathetic Cards, Miracle Cut and Restored Silk, Himber Thought Control Wallet and Johnson M- Half/Penny Penetration thru a glass. These were miracles to me as a kid.

Then THE number one favorite stage illusion moment of my life was seeing Tony perform the Triple Sawing a Woman at a Tannen's jubilee. I had a near front row seat for that.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Any updates on Tony?
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I read somewhere not long ago, I can't remember the source, that Tony is in a nursing home. Any confirmation?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, Leo H wrote:
I read somewhere not long ago, I can't remember the source, that Tony ...

Are you asking where to send a Christmas card?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
No--just asking. How is Spina doing these days?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
How Is Tony doing ? I remember him from the days of visiting Tannens Magic he was always nice to me .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tony Spina health concern (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL