The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Before or After? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Did you find out about more magic shops from The Magic Café, or did you know more of them before you joined? I learned about about 50% more.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Found out about many more after joining the Café.
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
I found out about most of the magic shops I now regularly use from the Café. This forum also helped steer me away from some places that are obviously ones to watch out for!
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
I learned of a lot of shops from the Café. And like Emily said, I learned which ones I won't be buying from. But, most of the ones I heard of are good, especially Magic Warehouse.
Roberto Gee
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Roberto Gee
I've discovered a lot of sources here, and appreciate the comments and users' ratings, both positive and negative.
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
I knew of the big shops, but I have learned about a lot of shops and dealers thru the Café and the Internet in general.
Magically yours,
Huggie
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
For me, Most of the big names I have already tried... But reading the Café, it's the specialty shops that I have learned about. there are so many smaller shops online that provide extremly interesting and unique items and books
Learn something new everyday.
theonejimmie
View Profile
New user
Phila., Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of theonejimmie
It was just the opposite for me. I found out about the Café from a new magic shop that opened in my area. Am now a regular at both.
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
I learned how magic sites from joining the Magic Café. I even have an easier time visiting those site from the Café.
Magicol-1
View Profile
New user
Orlando
90 Posts

Profile of Magicol-1
I have especially picked up a few new on the bizzare end of the scope.
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I had found many of the magic shops before joining the Café. In fact I found the Café when looking for some information about some of the magic shops (Sweet or Sour).
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
I knew of many shops before joining The Magic Café, but here I learned a lot of things about which shops are good and which aren't plus honest reviews of tricks and DVDs which can help me making a wise chose. THANK YOU ALL and THANK YOU THE MAGIC Café
bkentner
View Profile
New user
Davenport, Nebraska
61 Posts

Profile of bkentner
I knew of many magic shops before the Café. I always buy the latest edition of Wittus Witt's Magic Yellow Pages. It's a great traveling companion for finding magicians, magic clubs and magic shops.
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
I knew of the magic shops before joining the Café. In fact I found the Café while surfing for some magic information. Hope to learn and know about some great magic shops while at the Café. Great place! Thanks!!
digimaestro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of digimaestro
I knew of a lot of the shops, but what I found invaluable were the reviews of the service received.

I was initially stunned at the pull that this board had in holding the various shops feet to the fire, and it speaks very highly of the members of this board that so many suppliers come online to voice their viewpoints (defend themselves) when their service record is challenged.

Now I would check here first for the user's reviews of a shop rather than chance a transaction first.

Now, I also wouldn't hesitate to drop some serious bucks (anything over $50 is pretty serious for me) at some of the shops this community has approved of. I would never have done that before coming here.

Your opinions and experiences matter. Especially to those of us with less time in.

digimaestro
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Hi all,
I have learned about 50% from the Café and 50% before I came here but the Café has better shop I think
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have learned about a few shops since joining The Magic Café. I knew about most of the larger shops that I usually deal with. I love getting reviews from Café members for effects I am interested in. I have requested several reviews recently and Café members have influenced my purchasing decisions. It is great to able to get good, solid advice prior to buying since I live far from a brick & mortar magic shop.

Regan
Mister Mystery
mikeflex
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of mikeflex
As a newcomer to magic, I have learned about many more shops.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Before or After? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL