The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for an act? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mattia
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Mattia
Hello
I'm preparing a magic act: in this act there are two "themes":umbrellas and mobile phones. I already prepared 3/4 of the act, but I need two more things: two "big" effects, very visual and very strong: one in the middle and one as a finale. I was thinking of producing a big umbrella instead of a parasol, or something like this... Do You have something to suggest, that could fit one of the two themes(umbrella-parasol or mobile phones)?

Sorry for my bad english...

Thank You
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It would seem that an umbrella would offer plenty of cover to produce a giant phone.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Perhaps you could at the end you could produce your assistant (or disappear yourself) from an old fashioned phone booth. Umbrella to Giant flower bouquet. Abbott used to sell that. Probably could be made yourself using one of those large feather bouquets.

BJ
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
There is a very good you tube video of a magician that won the FISM best award that was all cell phone related, really an incredible act. I don't remember his name or the year but someone else might have that information. I'll look but can't promise anything.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucxw56RD......c7KZDfs=

I can't believe how good this guy is. Maybe you can get some ideas from this.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Jazzing an idea...

Try to use the props to create a story, like you're battling through the rain on your phone to go to see your girlfriend. Clever use of soundtrack will do that for you, and it's easy to make with Garageband.
That way, you get to do your umbrellas as it starts to rain, the girlfriend calls cos you're running late with all the trouble the umbrellas are giving you, and that links into the phones. Now you've got a dramatic transition in the middle, so you don't need a magic effect here. Instead the rain stops and you've got an irate girlfriend to deal with who's having a go. So you can quieten the music down a bit to a slower pace, but something with a grating edge like strings. End the act by turning a phone into flowers (just use bad looking spring flowers to simulate terrible garage flowers!) or producing a bunch of flowers, as every man knows this will always make a irate girlfriend happy (?!). But don't bow with flowers in hand, walk to the wings, pretend to hit the doorbell, ding dong, pass the flowers into the wing, pull your hand back to slap yourself (looks like her), door slams on sound track. Step back startled. Now end the act.

Just an idea.
Paul
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I just remembered that Abbott's has an Umbrella from hat that can reversed to umbrella into pocket. This was a DR. Clutterhouse idea and has been around for awhile.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When you make a big umbrella appear, do a costume change behind it. Or make a water item (fountain, thunder cloud, etc.) appear behind the big umbrella.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ideas for an act? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL