The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cups and balls street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Any one no a short Cups and Balls routine for the street thank you
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Umm, pretty much any of them.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I use the Mark Wilson Complete Course in Magic routine with a small change. I don't care how great a magician Mr. Wilson is (and he's actually the first magician I ever saw, so he ranks pretty high in my book) I don't think you can carry three lemons in your pocket without looking like you have a goiter. I made three ping pong sized balls of red yarn. I also got a fake lime as the punchline... I can keep that in my back pocket. It always gets a good response.

My kid has a new video camera. I'm going to recruit him to video my show this summer. Hope to have something up for you soon.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I know one! Well, to be honest...I know 4 by heart, and could recognize two more by name...well, and Kent Gunn's Fun Shop routine as well, so 3 more total, but I hear that one has a steep learning curve and doesn't reset all that quick. One of the ones that I can do from memory is Johnny Paul's and that's with sponge balls, so I don't know if that counts or not. Yeah, so basically that's 7 all together for me...or just simply "yes" to answer your question in a more basic, less numeric, fashion.

There, that was simple.

Next question.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 15:33, presto77 wrote:
Any one no a short Cups and Balls routine for the street thank you

Which one do you do now that is too long for the street?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Any magic can be too long, or too short, or just wrong.... for any audience...

And almost any magic can perfect for any venue, if thought is put into it, specific to the venue.

Asking what works for the street is like asking what is your favorite color.

Gazzo's Street cups and balls is killer for him, and works good for a lot us. But it requires a good sized crowd, and corresponding big hat, to help it really be worth the effort.

I personnaly don't even do the cups and balls for less than 10 or so, people. I can work them close up them and personal, and work my hat lines as running jokes, with cards, linking rings, a silly stiff rope routine, and a few other effects. But if Have a chance for 20 or more, I am all good on the Gazzo cups and balls routine.

Kozmo's chop cup routine is killer for smaller crowds.

And a lot of people have their own favorite version of the cups that they have tailored to their style/personality (important), the size of the crowd they draw (important), experience/comfort level (less important because you need to strech your performing comfort level, and shouldnt even hit the streets until you have have the effects you will do, down cold).

What type of street show? doorway, park/open space, corner, circle show? How big of an audience?

I love the cups and balls, and even tip when I see them done by someone else. I think, they make a great closer. But there are other ways to close a show too...

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Doctor, I like your thoughts...
The presentation makes the magic.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Ed,

Find a good tailor. They can put pleated pockets (pleats on the inside) that let your lemons or whatever hang inside your coat. I've always used super-light, but non-compressible final loads.

Al,

Fun Shop Cups and Balls resets in about ten seconds. As for the learning curve, I'll let you know if anyone tries to learn it. The routine works jez fine on the street btw.

KG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cups and balls street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL