The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What are your 10 favorite routines/tricks/effects in Bobo? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Confession: I too find much of the language dated, and the outcomes of questionable merit.

I do NOT dispute the worth of methodically going through the book, and know I'd be better for it.

That being said, would y'all be interested in posting your favorite 10 effects from our little coin bible by Mr. Bobo. Please make sure they're from the non-Dover edition.

Cheers,
ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
waveman
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of waveman
I use the Bobo switch a lot. I wouldn't say it's the best effect in the book, but I would say it's one of the best utility moves.
steveroth
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of steveroth
There is so much of worth in this book! It represents the state of the art for coin magic at the time it was written and is an essential prerequisite for moving forward. Just grab the coins you have and work through the routines that you can try. Then go back and do it again, and again. No one needs to tell you what will be magical in your hands. Really...

Regards,

Steve Roth
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Clearly the magical filtration of silver with the Garcia ending...the very best for me.... In those days though sitting was the requirement. Today you just wait until the time is right.

Marty Shapiro
Greenville, S.C
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
I like doing taking advantage of a fumble. I have edited it so you can walk away after doing the vanish instead of bending down to pick the coin up after the trick. Smile
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Gentlemen (no Ladies yet),

Again, I'm looking for your favorite 10 (ten) effects. I too have this and that favorite in Bobo, but I'm asking for a more thorough response.

Thanks in advance for your effort. Consider flipping through the book, and jogging your memories.

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
ATPG --

Check out “Presto- Change-o.” Briefly, two silver coins change to two coppers, back to two silvers, and then to one of each, which can be handed to the spectator.

It's quick, very visual … and a great way to practice your Bobo Switch.

Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What are your 10 favorite routines/tricks/effects in Bobo? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL