The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Conversations with Mind Readers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Adam,

Thanks for your comments. And while I agree that magic hype often goes too far, there is a difference between asking a critical question with an open mind and knocking a product or casting doubt on its claims while having NO FACTS on which to base any sort of decision. What I am referring to specifically are those posters who go on and on debating the worth or merit of a product or price when they have no real information on which to base their decisions. Once they own the product and can speak intelligently, more power to them; but to simply debate the worth of an unknown product is childish.
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
The folk, who I know who were recorded for this project have professe not to have given away any integrl info that they have not made available in other sources. The project does sound very interesting and I am tempted but still wary.

Especially when one keeps in mind the interviewees were not paid beyond getting a free set, the "old you don't get something for nothing " plays heavily on my mind. I look forward to future reviews and hope that my concerns will be vanquished.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Quote:
On 2004-01-06 15:45, Julian Kestrel wrote:
The folk, who I know who were recorded for this project have professe not to have given away any integrl info that they have not made available in other sources.

I know that I discussed many ideas that I have never put in print and some I thought twice about before opening my mouth. The "nothing for free" argument simply doesn't hold for everyone. If someone values my thoughts enough to record them, then I owe it to the published record to make sure that I am contributing and not just offering filler. In magic, our brand is our name and I know none of the participants take that lightly. To not offer ideas which we thought were of value would be doing each of us more harm than releasing interesting ideas.

Who specifically are you referring to Julian?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Folks, the gist of this thread seems to me to be a little silly. Granted the set is expensive. I'm not saying everybody should or could buy this. And I understand that magicians are wary about what they buy. But . . . if you really think you have nothing to learn from Banachek, Knepper, Osterlind, Ted Lesley, Richard Busch, Chuck Hickock, Barrie Richardson, Marc Salem, etc., etc., etc., etc., then just who do you think you're going to learn from???

Jack Shalom
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Okay, I just have to weigh in here. I am amazed that after this amount of time word has still not gotten out about what a great product this is. I am not going to itemize each 'secret' made available in these interviews, but I can assure you of this; if you buy the entire set on CD and spend the big bucks, you are getting more than your money's worth. If you spring for the MP3 set on two CDs, you are getting the bargain of the century. I am not in any way associated with this product, or affiliated with the seller in any way. I am an absolutely satisfied buyer though, and unconditionally so. I can only surmise that the buyers of Conversations with Mindreaders are keeping this quiet due to the quality of the interviews. Guess what? Those pros who were interviewed and got a free copy won't be accepting the copy to give away as a gift. These interviews have something for everyone who is a genuine student of mentalism. It isn't a product aimed at the fifteen year old packet trick wizard who walks into his favorite shop asking, "what's new?" I wish people would stop casting stones at this product until they hear it - the bashing would stop, guaranteed.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
The last message on this thread was posted more than one year and a half ago... I guess buyers had the time to digest the whole set - any final reviews?

For example, I already own all the products from Banachek, Kenton, Osterlind. Will I learn something new from their respective CD?
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
OK;
I keep the three boxes in my car.
Any long journey I listen to one.
Most now I have listend to more than once.
I wouldn't sell them.
(And I have most of the major books on mentalism in my shelves)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Conversations with Mind Readers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL