The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bottle bombs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Just something I was emailed:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

*** kids with their improvised explosives and their make-out parties...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think it was a mistake for the email and the snopes article to explain exactly how easily these bottle bombs are made. It seems that will only encourage experimentation.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm sure it's all over the YouTube anyways. But, yeah, I see your point.
Shame-finger doesn't work on many of the types of people who would do this.
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 12:53, critter wrote:
I'm sure it's all over the YouTube anyways.

That's right.

Friggin depressing, when you think about it.

I remember when the "Anarchist's Cookbook" was "underground".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
When I was in High School the downtown library kept the Anarchist's Cookbook under the counter and if you wanted to read it you had to let them hold your I.D. while you were using it.
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right. And the public library in Honolulu kept Playboy behind counter, and I would borrow it to read the articles while sitting in the bathroom. But I had to leave an I.D., too.

So Anarchist's Cookbook = Playboy.

Something's rotten in Denmark.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Frankly, I'm surprised that YouTube (or any other public sharing media site) allows what are essentially do-it-yourself instructions on bomb making. If I were still an attorney and was representing someone injured by one of these devices, and if it was discovered that the perpetrator learned to make the device from an Internet video, you can be sure that I'd sue everyone involved and would be particularly focusing my sites on the deep pockets of the Internet entity.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, Bob, you're getting old. Sueing everyone involved was cool, back in the day. But with the Internet around, no one is actually responsible for anything! Cool situation, ain't it.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm surprised at a lot of what YouTube allows to happen. It's always bothered me that it's possible to report a comment as SPAM, but not as abuse or bullying. YouTube doesn't care at all if a kid goes on another kid's video and tells him he's a loser and should kill himself- and then the kid actually does it. They just don't give a crap.
I love YouTube and actually learned algebra from it when I went back to school, but I wish they'd take some measures against the bullying and such.

Re: the Playboys

I heard that our library had them too, but I could never bring myself to try it.
I did read the entire "cookbook" though. Like most teenaged boys, I was an idiot.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-17 13:13, stoneunhinged wrote:
Well, Bob, you're getting old. Sueing everyone involved was cool, back in the day. But with the Internet around, no one is actually responsible for anything! Cool situation, ain't it.

Now I'm depressed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bottle bombs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL