The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Drawn In by Oliver Meech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Looks nice---look forward to hearing more
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-04-24 16:12, tomcards wrote:
REVIEW: Drawn In

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......st265247

Tom Frame
I have to agree that a book priced at $60 + dollars should be hard bound. It has nothing to do with content, it's simply a question of durability. This is a problem I have with many of the books put out in the UK.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Well, to be fair, this isn't a magic book, it's a magic prop. And if it makes more sense for that prop to be paperback, then that was the right choice.
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Any other comments on this effect? I like story-telling magic a lot -- but still must be good.
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments about Drawn In. It took me years to write and develop so I've been very pleased with all the positive reviews it has had. I thought I'd give people a heads up on a few more reviews, in case people have missed them -

There's a really good review in The Magic Circular (November 2012 edition), the Editor Will Houstoun has the following kind words to say:
"Oliver Meech is building a reputation for developing some fantastically innovative and creative magic. His latest Offering, Drawn In, continues that trend..."
--
Oliver Meech
Creator of Drawn In, The Plot Thickens and Plot Twists
"wildly creative" Genii Online
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
Here's another positive review, this time from Magic Week, where Oliver Tabor says:

"If you're looking for a new routine for a spooky scenario such as the dinner party, ghost or Halloween show or an additional scary presentation for the invisible deck, then I can recommend this highly."

You can read the full review here:
http://www.magicweek.co.uk/magic_reviews......n_in.htm
--
Oliver Meech
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
And here's a great review from About.com Magic & Illusion. Wayne Kawamoto says:

"Now here's something that's as brilliant as it is different. It's a card trick, but oh, what a card trick it is...
I like this one and find it brilliant."

http://magic.about.com/b/2012/09/24/revi......eech.htm
--
Oliver Meech
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
There's also a really good (and really creative) review by Francis Menotti in MAGIC Magazine (September 2012) edition.

He ends by saying that Drawn In is "clever, witty and whimsically fun...Buy it!"
--
Oliver Meech
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
Café regular 'magicbyswh', also gives it a great review here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
--
Oliver Meech
omeech
View Profile
New user
London, UK
63 Posts

Profile of omeech
And finally (for now), there's a 5-Star review by Jeff Stone on MyLovelyAssistant.

He says Drawn In is "one of the coolest ides in recent history" and that "this one simple prop puts in your hands an incredible story presentation where you can have the story acted out in real life on stage or not . . . where you have an ending to a story that is both magical and creepy all at once. This is a beautiful piece of theater. I cannot recommend it highly enough for the serious performer. 5 Stars with a Stone Status of Absolute GEM!"

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/3085
--
Oliver Meech
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Drawn In by Oliver Meech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL