The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Sleights on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
Hi,

Could anyone recommend any card videos/DVDs which provide a good selection of new/uncommon card sleights such as controls for example.

Could a recommendation also be made for video/DVD containing false shuffles and cuts. I hear that the Bill Malone DVD volume one covers these but how many and in what detail are the shuffles and cuts covered.

With many thanks.

Pharaoh
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Daryl Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights - 8 Volumes Avialable on DVD or VHS
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I second the Daryl Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights Series. These are Great DVDs!
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi,

I have both the Daryl serie and the Allan Ackerman serie and I would strongly recommend Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control Serie (volume 1 to 8) as he explains in more details than Daryl, who mostly shows the sleights (he gives less explanations than Ackerman).

Besides, Ackerman has a whole volume for Controls (vol.3) and another whole volume for Shuffles (vol.5) .
Which is exactly what you are looking for!!!

Check it out Here!

And you will learn some great routines. Smile Smile

You cannot go wrong with those!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
I like Daryl's. His teaching style fits how I learn. Alan is an aswesome card guy, however.
catbertek
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of catbertek
Both of these magicians/teachers are amazing.
Great technique and great teaching.
They have individual styles and presentations to be sure!

Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights seems so whirlwind-ish (can that be a word?) because he covers so darned much material. Be assured that he is very clear and thorough in his teaching.

Mr. Ackerman also covers quite a bit of material and fairly quickly as well. The Advanced Card Control series is also clearly explained and filmed.

Top notch all around. I would say get a sample of each and start with that series first. You may very well end up with both in your library eventually anyway. I started with Daryl's EoCS DVD set and now I am collecting the Advanced Card Control series.

Both of these series : STRONG!
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
Thank you for the suggestions. I do have a number of Daryl tapes and one Ackerman tape and I must agree they are both excellent in their appraoch and detail.

I was however, wondering about other tapes that could be recommended which perhaps provide more obscure and perhaps newer card sleights.

Also, could comments be given regarding the Malone series for the explanations of false shuffles and cuts.

Thank you for your help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Sleights on DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL