The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I had my fire wallet from Theatre Magic for about 2 weeks and I'm having a blast.
The tin or aluminum or ? on top of the wick in the middle has come off. This protects the top center of the wallet from the flame.
I emailed Theatre Magic this morning but I thought I would try here so I can take care of it right away.

I wish to glue the protective piece back onto the center but I'm not sure which adhesive to use.
I guess it has to be impervious to heat and somewhat flexible since it is being opened and closed in the center.

Anybody know what they use?
Thanks,
Ihor
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I contacted a Theatre Magic rep and was told to find out myself and then let them know what I found out.

I tried
rubber cement. (unsuccessful)
Crazy Glue (seems to be holding but will see what happens with heat)

Ihor
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
OK
I think I got it.

To review:
I needed to reattach the aluminum center top piece to the gimmicked part of the wallet.This protects the center inside leather/vinyl part from melting.
The wallet is from Theater Magic.
I emailed them but they didn't know which adhesive to use to reattach the aluminuum piece. The box said "Made in China", so that is probably why they didn't know. I guessed that I needed an adhesive that is heat resistant, flexible and bonds aluminum to aluminum.

What I tried:
Rubber cement didn't hold over a few hours.
Crazy glue held for about a day & then one side became unglued.
Epoxy putty for metal from Home Depot didn't work.
I bought a roll of aluminum foil from the plumbilg department in Home Depot. One side was adhesive. I cut to size and applied using the adhesive that was on the one side of the roll of foil.
This held for about an hour - one side came off.

Conclusion:
I reglued both sides with "Glue Stick"
That did the trick.
I wish I would have tried that to begin with. I have plenty of these sticks sitting around in my junk drawer.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Ihor
Ihor
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
You can also try a Hot Glue Stick. Works in my wallet.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL