The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » HOYLE TRANSPARENT PLAYING CARDS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Here is a deck of cards that I think is rather unique and new, at least to me. I know that magicians may play with various “unusual” decks but I only handle and use several standard brand plastic and paper cards which are recognizable and used by most who play cards. However, I spotted this deck at one of my local supermarkets, I believe it was WalMart, and I purchased it out of curiosity.

The name of the deck is “Hoyle Playing Cards” and they are “waterproof, clear and durable” as stated on the package. They come in a plastic container which holds the deck nicely.

The cards are printed on what appears to be a clear Plexiglas or plastic. They handle nicely, not too stiff or soft, lie perfectly flat, are quite thin and are completely transparent except for the printed areas. The border is transparent, the center of the card is transparent except for the Hoyle emblem in the middle (which makes it a one way deck). Between the transparent border and the transparent center, the cards have a design on the back and show the card denomination and suit opposite the design on the face. Also, the center Hoyle design has the suit and value designation on the face. The side and top edges look black when viewed edgewise.

The cards riffle beautifully, they slide nicely, butt and faro shuffle perfectly and one can do all the standard moves with this deck without problem. Of course, one cannot bend or crimp these cards and presumable they can be cleaned with a damp cloth.

Although somewhat unusual, the more I handle them the more I like them.

I don’t know how long these cards have been on the market or how durable they are. This deck may be old news to some on this BB but new to others. In any event, I found them to be somewhat interesting.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2012-05-18 18:03, AMcD wrote:
Those?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoyle-Clear-Tran......5wt_1265

Yes, although the lighting in the picture does not do them justice.

Anyone have any experience with these cards?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » HOYLE TRANSPARENT PLAYING CARDS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL