The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Presto's Super Silly Sponge Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
For those that like Presto's DVD, also look into Tony's (TonyB2009) balloon magic routine. I think both will play well together.

- Note: Tony's "teaser" is not well shot, with poor audio and video, and does not do justice to the routine. His was the best money in magic I spent this year.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Thanks to everyone who's ordered one, and for all the positive comments.

KC - You're spot on. It does take a certain silly character to be able to pull it off. As I mention on the DVD, it can work for you even if you're not silly (or if you're performing for older kids), just cut way down on the silly stuff and go for the quick, visual magic. That being said, the routine plays best to kids ages 4-8, no doubt. I personally use the routine most for preschools (they go nuts!) and birthday parties.

A couple of guys asked if the routine involves putting anything in your mouth. The routine does not involve any putting sponges in the mouth, although you could incorporate that if you wanted to.

I do hope people take the storyline and add their own creativity. The premise, storyline, and exact bits of physical comedy were original (which is why I put this out), but the sleights and sponges are not. I hope people who buy this improve upon it and add their own creative twists.

As KC mentioned, even the name used in the routine could easily be changed (I've done it!). This routine can serve as a starting point for people to do their own thing with it!

Happy Magic,
Kevin
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
For the record, I was just joking about getting screwed on the delivery charge, it was so low, I thought it was funny, obviously I purchased the effect knowing full well the entire cost and I was happy to pay, after all I did order it, and as it is such a great routine and informative DVD, I would do it all over again.

Dave
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Lol! Dave you must be tired my friend! Sooooo, I made a good purchase, huh?? Smile

For the record, Dave is one fantastic guy that I'm proud to call a friend! If it weren't for the Café I would never have got to known him! Thanks Café! Dave- this might be a perfect opener for your children's hospital shows! I cannot wait to get mine to find out.

Mike Smile
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Where can I find Tonys balloon magic routing?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thanks Mike, and right back at ya,

This just may be my opener, it has some great material and will teach anyone to do sponge work.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I must say that my experience ordering from Dave's Killer Magic Shop has been A+++++ so far! Very fast processing, item shipped same day, and outstanding customer service! Can't wait for this to arrive!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
A quick tip, I'm sure most of you know, but...

For the jumbo sponge ball, and all sponges, if you wet it and squeeze it out, it will get it's shape back and be larger and easier to use.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Doesn't wetting on your sponge balls make them stinky and smelly?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I actually wet my balls often and.... Wait a second.... That doesn't sound right.

In all seriousness it works great. Never had a smell problem. You really need to give your balls a good squeeze.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Wet and smelly balls. Just give them a little squeeze. I miss read the sponge part and now I need to get to the doctors. ( LOL )
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
If you watch the "Extra Tips" section of the DVD, I talk about using water with the super-softs, as well as how to prevent the sponges from smelling.

Best Wishes,
Kevin
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
This conversation has gone downhill.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Geez Mike, there isn't anything more to say. Everyone is pretty much in agreement. No reason to step on it.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I was joking, KC...get your sponge balls out of a bunch...LOL!

;)
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Presto's Super Silly Sponge Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL