The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Giants game 6-8-12 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My niece is singing the national anthem at the giants vs rangers game on the 8th.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
That's a wonderful accomplishment, Santa! Please give her our best wishes.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Again Santa? Will try to tune in this time; we subscribe to MLB.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah, they liked her because she is cute and can sing without doing runs and that crap. She just does the anthem straight.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I loathe the celebrities who try to put their own theme on our national anthem. It's admittedly a very difficult arrangement to sing. And there's a right way to sing it and a wrong way. And celebrities just put their own spin on it and it's a constant irritant to me. And most of the time their spin sucks.

My 8th grade music teacher taught us something that remains with me today. It drove him nuts when he heard the ending and folks singing, "Oh say does that star spangled ba-a-a-a-a-ner yet wave......"

He insisted that it must be sung, "Oh say does that star spangled ba-ner-her yet wave......"

It worked. I still remember it and most folks don't sing it correctly today. I'm pulling for your niece!

Not sure what Friday's schedule is yet, but I figure my Mets will be on Friday night; I'll be looking for the SF TR game on Friday too, just to hear your niece.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
As long as she don't copy Roseanne Barr.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
She plays it straight. A couple years ago her friends tried to get har to do runs and that bs that singers were always doing. The light opera music director told her it would ruin her voice so. She knocked it off.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I was in charge of the pre-event stuff at the Long Beach street race one year. Our boss OK'd some gal he met in a bar to sing the anthem. When she arrived she was so nervous didn't think she could to it. I told here don't worry. We didn't turn on her mike and played a recording. She just moved her lips.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Giants game 6-8-12 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL