The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amusing Video on Mercury Card Fold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I thought this was a funny instructional video on the Card Fold. Or maybe I'm just a little off. Smile See what you think.
http://video.answers.com/how-to-do-the-m......17018587
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 02:47, Prof. Pabodie wrote:
I thought this was a funny instructional video on the Card Fold. Or maybe I'm just a little off. Smile See what you think.

Funny? Yes. Exposure? Yes. Someone selling out his Art? Yes.

SEY
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I agree totally. Btw...I love the close-up pad I bought from you recently. Will most certainly order more in future.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Did make me laugh though ....
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
I thunk, therefore I erm...
177 Posts

Profile of edwardsausagefingers
Lol that was great. Thanks for sharing.

*Magic facial tick*
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 04:02, Prof. Pabodie wrote:
I agree totally. Btw...I love the close-up pad I bought from you recently. Will most certainly order more in future.

Me? I don't sell them. I link to Pattrick's site because he really does sell the best and I find the others to be... uh... substandard.
One of the few actual products I endorse.

SEY
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
Ok...it's exposure but who will remember this when they see a magician doing a trick where the mercury card fold is used well?
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Is it exposure? Yes. Would I take this over any poorly produced webcam video where exposure might even be unintentional? Sure. Plus this is essentially a "method trick." A serious magician might do this when he's in between sets, maybe in a bar, but I'm hard pressed to see this take food out of someone's mouth or make the method unusable. Couched appropriately in a worker's routine, viewers of this video would never have a clue!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2012-06-24 14:58, Marc Woods wrote:
Ok...it's exposure but who will remember this when they see a magician doing a trick where the mercury card fold is used well?

No one. A friend uses it in his signature routine and he got it past me every time. I didn't realize what happened until the reveal.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Non magicians won't even understand what's happening.

I hope the next episode he explains how he lifted those ships out of the water. Copperfield better watch his back!
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
I suspect the "sold-out art," and even the Mercury Card Fold, will survive this scandal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amusing Video on Mercury Card Fold (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL