The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hot Chakra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I had a dream last night (the best kind). I woke up with the idea of using a Hot Rod type gimmick as a “Chakra diagnostic tool”.

The stones would need to be lined up in spectral order, and could even include a seventh stone (although I can’t tell the difference between indigo and violet). Ideally, the rod should be made of some suitably Bizarre material: bone, ivory or charred wood.

The routine would include a short explanation of the Chakra, and a brief Cold Reading while passing the Rod underneath the outstretched palms of the “patient”, and asking “diagnostic” questions. Finally, the stones in the Rod change colors to match the weakened (or selected) Chakra.

An un-gimmicked duplicate would even make a fine souvenir, if one were so minded.

Now while everyone is busy telling me who all thought of this first, I’m going to the craft store to buy some materials. Smile

Hope someone can use this!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Nice idea, I could see my wizard playing with this "stick that gets your mood" or the "stick that knows at which place in your body there is something wrong"

I love the idea.
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Brother Dæmonicus
Just to throw this into the mix; more layfolk would be familiar with the topic of Auras, as opposed to that of Chakras, I'd suspect?

Couple this with a set of five cards, each showing the outine of a person, surrunded with a different coloured Aura, and having one forced...

Well, you can see where I'm headed Smile

As a creator, I'd be tempted to pull this further towards Darkness, and use different tiny representations of tattered body parts - but that's just me!

Brother Dæmonicus
Brother Dæmonicus is expecting you...
<BR>
<BR>www.daemonic-dreams.co.uk
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
For the aura thing, I wouldn't use cards, cards are easily forced and people suspect trickery in my opinion. I would use a box with different color stones, and the stone they feel attracted to is the stone of their aura.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Rob, you’re probably right about the Auras. I knew about them as a child, but only as an adult read anything about Chakras. It’s probably cultural, also.

As long as the cards didn’t look like “cards”, but possibly “charts” like a physician would use, or even wooden or ceramic “plaques”, I can see this being quite powerful.

Cirrus, I do an effect where my volunteers hold a stone in their hand “until it becomes warm”. In this case, they could select from several colored stones, which the rod would then match.

Great ideas, guy. Thanks, and keep ‘em coming! Smile

also on FaceBook
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

No, thank YOU, DW; you've just provided a seed I've been searching for - one of my up-coming effects needs a crusifix to become blood-stained...and I'd never have even considered a paddle-move with a cross!!

Master R, may I credit you with providing the inspiration for this (unless anyone in these here parts is aware of a crusifix being used in this way, in a previously-published effect, of course)?
<BR>
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I would mix it in with zodiac signs as a measuring-up psychologically.

I would do it like this:

"Hmm, Interesting. Can I try another thing. I hae here a box with stones. What sign are you. Hmm. Let me write down an impression" (impression is the prediction). You force the right stone for the area that is best for their zodiac sign.

I would use the rod as a measuring-stick. And then let them "choose" a stone, and then show them your impression matching what they chose. You don't use the word force, prediction, or some other mentalism-lingo.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
That is a bloody brilliant idea, Mr. Rackley! I currently use some nice cards to do Tony Chris's Aura routine. I think this would complement that routine wonderfully. I have never owned a hotrod, though I am very aware of the principle p***le-m*ve. Is the force of the stone the simple numerical formula, or are there other ways? I would love some insight downstairs or via pm. I am going to go the craft store and make one up!
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Lucien, I was just talking with another member about the force. The Hot Rod instructions (as I recall) just use the number, but I think it could be done by suggestion or some other force method.

Rob, I've never heard of a crucifix being used this way. Sounds like it would be very startling, even …unsettling…heh, heh. Feel free to use my name if you want. Smile

also on FaceBook
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Quote:
Rob, I've never heard of a crucifix being used this way. Sounds like it would be very startling, even …unsettling…heh, heh. Feel free to use my name if you want. Smile

Thank you, kind sir Smile
<BR>
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2012-06-10 18:20, robstanley1 wrote:
No, thank YOU, DW; you've just provided a seed I've been searching for - one of my up-coming effects needs a crusifix to become blood-stained...and I'd never have even considered a paddle-move with a cross!!

Master R, may I credit you with providing the inspiration for this (unless anyone in these here parts is aware of a crusifix being used in this way, in a previously-published effect, of course)?

Not a crucifix, but Dave Birtwell published a bloody knife version.

Most people stay away from specific religious symbols.

Tony
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Thanks for the input, Tony - it *is* appreciated.

All of our effects to date use a Crucifix in some way, shape or form; this isn't intended to be blasphamous, or as a snub to other religions, in much the same way as many horror films which use them Smile

Most of our leanings are towards Victorian-era based effects, with trappings of the day, including the ever-present Spiritualsm 'props', and so the use of religious trappings (including pages torn from the Holy Bible) are in keeping with the thematic bent we're following.

Again, no offense intended to any religion (though most would - we're sure - view our line of work as offensive in any case Smile )
<BR>
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I kind of like the ploy...Evil is drawn to objects like Crucifix's,instead of evil being repelled by religious items!
I have a routine I am working on with this premise! I enjoy the unexpected,twist! Smile

Want to rattle some cages... lol

~G

And,I am Catholic!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I don't think there is any problem with using symbols, religious or otherwise. Most people will be congisant of their audiences... and that aside, in our current cultural melting pot, if you extend the idea, someone will end up having the signifiers of their spirituality used at some point.

I have, and cherish, a copy of Larry Baukin's "Book of Aleister Crowley", but am in no way offended by the material in it, or in similar Crowley effects (even though I am a thelemite)...
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

DWRackley - would you please be good enough to PM me with your actual name, so I can now add it to the credits section of my instructions for 'The Blasphemy Paddle'?

Yes - chaps - that's how we roll; a throwaway coversation becomes a dark seed - the seed becomes a Darker idea - the idea becomes a horrifying reality....

...You can see that new reality, and have a sneaky peek at our brand new Blasphemy Paddle here: http://www.daemonic-dreams.co.uk/Blasphe......053.aspx

Click here to view attached image.
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hot Chakra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL