The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Go Button App for music playback in iOS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Ankle Switch- That is another feature that really does not make sense even though a few magicians might have requested it. I move around too much to not assume my legs will not cross paths. I would rather see more time put in other thing like writing an Android version. Just my opinion of course.

Do not take Offense. I still stand by my statement. This is not your first job so any changes you are going to work on when you feel you have the time. You will have other things you will like to get to with your show/job or primary source of income. While you might not feel like you will get bored, you may indeed come to a point where you will not just jump into an update if you are trying to make your primary income. It is just a reality that will favor your primary over side projects.
T
Go button is also someones hobby and if you or he is not selling enough, you might come to a point where you just do not see the value in rushing out updates.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Powermagic,

The ankle switch does not have to be worn on your ankles Smile So use it by putting the remote in their pocket and using a PK ring to tap the pocket and start the music. There are many ways to use it if the ankle thing is not for you although it is popular with many magicians thanks to Kerry Pollack selling it with his "Show-Tech". I have even used it myself before Show Cues. To me the ankle switch works great!

Computers and programming are my passion and second job basically. I am Blessed that my main job leaves me with plenty of free time to pursue my passion. I have been doing this already a long time and will continue. Even if it made no money...It's FUN! Anyway this is something you really cannot address because you don't know me.

I am currently exploring an Android version.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
So funny to me that this thread was started politely so that the show cues thread was not hijacked and then the show cues people hijacked this thread! I wanted to hear more about the possilbe use of ijet with Go Button, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT GO BUTTON! Carl, this kind of treatment makes me not want to look at your product. You are showing that you are WAY to eager to push it. I don't respond well to pushy sales people. I downloaded Go Button at the recommendation of a friend and have been very much enjoying working with it. If there was a remote, even better! Has anyone used it with Ijet yet?
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
balord
View Profile
New user
NYC
1 Post

Profile of balord
Hi everyone --

This is Brent Lord. I am the designer & programmer of Go Button. Sorry I am late to join this thread -- I only came across it a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to mention that Go Button 2.0 is now released in the App Store, bringing native iPad support and iPod Music library access among a ton of other features. If you already own Go Button, this is a free update.

To address a couple of the questions above:

• Go Button has always worked great with iJet iNAV, or any iOS-compatible remote. You can configure which Go Button actions correspond to your remote buttons so that everything works exactly the way you want it to.
  • v2.0 adds support for running shows with Bluetooth keyboards & accessories like AirTurn BT-105.
  • You only need to connect Go Button to your computer initially if you are importing audio. Once your tracks are imported, you can create cues and make as many changes to shows as you want without your computer. And now in 2.0 you can also use tracks already synced to your iOS device's Music library in your shows.

I am happy to field any other questions as well. You also can see more on gobuttonapp.com.
Thanks!
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Go Button will work the Ijet.

It might meet all your needs.

OneTrack is another app, so is PlayMyQ. They all have fade, playlist and are controllable with a IJet remote.

All the apps have theirs bells and whistles and are presently $5, $1.99 and $9.

I recommend that you buy all 3 and see which one you prefer.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
wartnerchaney
View Profile
New user
NYC
21 Posts

Profile of wartnerchaney
I have used Go Button on multiple productions for several years. It is hands down the most professional, intuitive and stable (very important) program I've found and believe me I've tried them all. It solved an important need for my company - the ability to have the same flexibility, precision and features as professional computer-based apps (QLab, etc) delivered on a smaller manageable device - something that wouldn’t require us to tour with a laptop or desktop, Go Button solved our dilemma.

Where other sound and show apps stop short Go Button shines. The app was developed by an audio engineer from the theater world and therefore packages important features that have become industry standard. If you have run or used a professional show control systems in major theater setting this program will be very intuitive for you. I currently have Go Button running eight different shows on six devices (a combination of iPads and iPod Touches). It is everything I could wish for and more. I will never use anything else. Please feel free to message me if you would like real world info from a longtime user of this amazing program.
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
The Go Button is a professional product, and at $99, it would be the most expensive app I've ever owned.

Found a work-around, as I've already got my iTunes playlist, with the 20 minute long silent track between each sound cue. Just needed to see the playing tune in a big font so I can catch it if something is amiss, and the app that used to do that died.

After about an hour of searching, found megatunes: just makes the font easy to read.

More info here: http://megatunesplayer.com/functionality/

Cheers,
AtPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I have used Go Button for years, originally with the iJet but shifted over to the Audio Ape last year and has been bullet proof ever since. I use the remote in my trousers pocket and is apparently invisible from what friends have said. I do use delays on some cues so I can trigger it while my hands are down and relaxed then have the cue execute when they are up and sometimes filled or busy. Great APP!
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Go Button App for music playback in iOS (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL