The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Please critique my One Coin Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5iB6sioPM&feature=youtu.be

This is my one coin routine based on Tim Feher's One Coin 2.0, the sleights used are inspired and taught by David Roth, Michael Ammar, Radek Makar, Eric Jones, and Vinny Marini.

This is a routine that I've been changing here and there continuously for awhile now, this may be my 5th major change. I've also experimented with Blackout in this routine. My patter would be something along the lines of; use your imagination, since this is an imaginary coin, the color could be wiped off. But it's still here, I can feel the weight and the rim of the coin, here, maybe sqeezing it might help. Being a magical, imaginary coin, it can of course teleport from here to there. Let me do it again, from there, to here. Here, you can examine the coin all you want, wait, where did it go? it really disappeared this time! Don't worry, I can grab it with my fingertips and bring it right back. You want to see teleportation again? Ok, watch carefully as it jumps from here to there to here to there, it's the weirdest thing isn't it? You know what, since this is an imaginary coin, it was actually not here at all in the first place.

I just started using the gaff again in a long long time, so I'm still not really used to it (I have the old version, so it's hard to open). Just recorded this idea and hope to improve on it as I play around with it more.

I welcome all critiques, feedbacks.

Thanks a lot,
Dennis
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Shoot that again with the camera on the same plane as your hands or slightly above. I hate having to look up at coin routines.

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 00:07, Stanyon wrote:
Shoot that again with the camera on the same plane as your hands or slightly above. I hate having to look up at coin routines.

JMHO

Alright, thanks for the suggestion, been playing around with the new Blackberry Playbook video feature, too bad it's a tablet, so it's hard for me to adjust the angle, I will think of a way.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Also, if you're game for a re-shoot, include the patter you suggested in the first post. It's hard to offer a critique on only a partial representation of a trick.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Tanay
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of Tanay
I enjoyed it! Smile
Tanay
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 00:56, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
Also, if you're game for a re-shoot, include the patter you suggested in the first post. It's hard to offer a critique on only a partial representation of a trick.

Part of the reason why I didn't talk or use real time noise is because of the noise that TUC make, it's quite loud to be honest, someone with TUC perhaps can help me with this issue.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 07:45, Tanay wrote:
I enjoyed it! Smile

Thank you! I will have to rethink and reshoot soon in the near future.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I thought your moves were spot-on, you certainly have the technique down well enough to do pretty much whatever it is you want to do with the coin. Smile I like One Coin routines but most are a bit too long and could begin the specs considering other alternatives to how the magic is being done. Might be a good thing to consider. Otherwise, I thought it was very good mixed with the other methods used. I like your actions and movements. The key is having a good handle on the sleights and you clearly do, hard to go too wrong with the guys you followed in preparing this. Good job! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 12:13, Mb217 wrote:
I thought your moves were spot-on, you certainly have the technique down well enough to do pretty much whatever it is you want to do with the coin. Smile I like One Coin routines but most are a bit too long and could begin the specs considering other alternatives to how the magic is being done. Might be a good thing to consider. Otherwise, I thought it was very good mixed with the other methods used. I like your actions and movements. The key is having a good handle on the sleights and you clearly do, hard to go too wrong with the guys you followed in preparing this. Good job! Smile

I second on this. great job.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 11:32, Flyswatter wrote:
Quote:

Part of the reason why I didn't talk or use real time noise is because of the noise that TUC make, it's quite loud to be honest, someone with TUC perhaps can help me with this issue.

Ok... but... don't you think this is something that needs to be addressed before you take it live? It's going to be difficult carrying around a sound system with you whenever you want to do a coin flurry for somebody.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 20:03, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok... but... don't you think this is something that needs to be addressed before you take it live? It's going to be difficult carrying around a sound system with you whenever you want to do a coin flurry for somebody.

That is perhaps exactly why I haven't shown this routine with the gaff to anyone yet Smile it's still in experimental stage, I've only done this routine to real people with real coins, at least gaff that makes no noise.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 20:16, Flyswatter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-12 20:03, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is perhaps exactly why I haven't shown this routine with the gaff to anyone yet Smile it's still in experimental stage, I've only done this routine to real people with real coins, at least gaff that makes no noise.

I may have to eliminate the gaff
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
Great job!
I have an idea how you can enhance it even more.

Use a very shiny real silver (Morgan or Peace) Dollar.
You have Piano player fingers and smaller coins are not as striking to the eye
in your hands.

That'll be 2 cents.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Please critique my One Coin Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL