The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John van der Put LIVE: Sunday June 24th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Piff is coming!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2712

Here is enetrtaining Penn and Teller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5xfK0ovrk
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Any input from Acar what he will will be going over?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Acar visits the Café often, so I'm sure we'll hear from him.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's tomorrow night ( Sunday )!
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Sorry for not chiming in sooner!

Piff (John) will be discussing tricks and character development:

1. First half: his metamorphosis from "John" to the Piff character and how that has impacted his career, why it worked, how a character driven act could work for you.

2. The second half will be tricks that he performs to collect all that gold (which is REALLY what being a dragon is all about).

This should be a VERY strong, and high-level lecture from a real pro.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's tonight, @7:00pm Eastern.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2712
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think this is an important lecture to support because Piff(John) is doing something different and he is proving that it works. So often at conventions I hear ideas about bizarre off the wall characters that magicians would like to perform as but for some reason they don't. Piff took that risk and actually did it. I think it will be inspiring for those that want to try something a little different.
P3
practice practice perform.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sorry I missed it live. How was it? Did he teach his tnr card?
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Any reviews or comments on the material covered?
Thanks
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
I really enjoyed it. It went for a lot longer than I was expecting (and had allowed for, I had to watch the last half of it offline later, which was painless), it was 3 hours 20 minutes long. There wasn't a lot of generic 'how to develop a character' but there was plenty of discussion about John's previous act and how Piff was developed.

For people who aren't familiar with his earlier work "Love and Other Magic Tricks" he has clips on his youtube channel and you can check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5jyhemFNug

He taught quite a lot of material from his close up/Restaurant days that he's retiring from his act, and things he openly said weren't overly practical, but most of it was. emyers99, he did teach a TNR routine he called Bit by Bit, it was a Torn->3 Fly->Restored Card routine, so I don't know if that's the one you are referring to. And of course he finished up with teaching VDP.

It was a great lecture. Well worth it.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Is there anywhere to order the plastic envelope thing? Thought it was a great trick.

Good lecture John Smile
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
We'll have it very soon at Penguin. Customs is keeping it longer than normal, which is why it wasn't already received last week. Great trick!

Acar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John van der Put LIVE: Sunday June 24th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL