The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic for a musician, help much appreciated :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomhaze
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of tomhaze
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to introduce myself so you can get a sense of who I am. My name is Tom Haze, a 23 year old musician from The Netherlands. I perform approximately 3 times a week as a Singer-Songwriter on all sorts of stages (most small or medium-sized). Before I started a career in music I was spending a lot of time on magic (from age 14-19). Back then I focussed on card/close-up-magic, a lot of fun, but when music caught me, I had to make a choice.

I never lost sight of magic however, and now I am sitting on an idea, which I could really use your help with: I would like to add magic to my music, just not as a seperate part of my show, but actually DURING a song. That is however a challenge since my hands are pretty much 'tied' to my guitar. There are of course breaks in a song in which you can quickly reach for something, but time is limited.

I do not have a specific effect in mind yet, it does need to be really visual of course. Stupid example would be me singing: 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow', effect: Snow is suddenly falling down. This is however way to corny (and Christmas songs are not on my repertoire) so I am really looking forward to your ideas. I does not have to be grand, I am performing on relatively small stages, and my bank account isn't endless either, so please keep that in mind.

All the help and ideas are much appreciated. Kind regards,

Tom Haze

P.S. Accidently double-posted this topic, also in another forum section. Moderators, feel free to delete on of the two topics, according to which section this topic belongs to.
tophatevents
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of tophatevents
Try the Dutch School of Magic.
maybe they can help
David Nathan Magic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of David Nathan Magic
If you are from holland it's easier for me to start in dutch:

het is inderdaad goed om naar de dutch school of magic te gaan, ger copper kan je heel goed helpen. kijk anders op http://www.goochelaars.com en vraag daar iemand.
ger copper zit daar ook op, en eigenlijk bijna Alle nederlandse goochelaars en illusionisten.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Magic for a musician, help much appreciated :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL