The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Men and Woman of the United States Military (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Peter Lansing,

If you go up and read, "IMGIC" is the person, to whom I addressed as having served 26 years. It's in his post, if you took the time to read it.

I was there in those days. When do you think I was born, post 1972?

In your post, you claimed to have been "Kicked Out" and then claimed to have recieved a "Medical Retirement". Now you are saying, that you "Got Out" on a "Medical Discharge". Which one is it Peter? Sheesh, keep your stories straight!

3 PURPLE HEARTS EH?

WHY IS IT THAT A SEARCH OF THE PURPLE HEART DATABASE DOESN'T EVEN YIELD A SOLITARY HIT OF YOU HAVING RECIEVED AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE ALLEGED PURPLE HEARTS?

At this point, I might even question your military service at all based upon your claims.
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 11:24, imgic wrote:
As a 26 year vet, in both Army and Air Force,

Here is the reference guy.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Well if they are dumb enough to join the VFW you deserve to know them. I got out in 1966, my uncle was post commander and my father was past post commander of the VFW post in Excelsior (far western suburb of Minneapolis) MN. I applied and was turned down because Viet Nam was "not a forign war." Well I have sinced been approached and asked to join but if I wasn't good enough then, They are good enough for me now.

BTW Devious, I am open about who I am and really don't hide either my name nor my looks as you found it so easy to identify me. Well the same can't be said about you can it. yes I do believe that you are one of the late 70's early 80's group. There is a huge difference between my generation and you young guys. WSe did what we had to, came home and shut the crap up about it. Now you go off to some base where you're well fed and equipped and you come home and claim "PTSD" Then we wonder why the drug problem is growing.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Peter Lansing, but what about your "Purple Heart Claims"?

It's no longer a federal offense for such false claims so I'm going to
have to let you off the hook.

Now you are further alienating yourself by calling all
Veterans of Foreign Wars Members dumb? Tsk, Tsk, tsk!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Devious, since Paddy Cake is not going to mention to you specifically why he was medically discharged, I decided to let you know why. He has a mental problem. His mind is slow. That is why he can not live without turtles:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5973795
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5892830
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5870125
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5494913
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5392146

The military should not have let him in the first place.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I really suggest taking this private....the thread has turned into a ****ing contest and has nothing to do the original question, magic or performance.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sorry Faulkner. But I like giving slow-minded people what they ask for.

Back on topic. To me it depends on what is in the busker's heart. If he is using it as a scam, others will be able to see right thru it. If the busker is serious about what he is speaking about, the crowd will go with his words and character.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Yep Mike you do like turtles.

This is a refererence on another site when a reporter asked a kid a REALLY stupid question. The kid looked at her and said "do you like turtles?" So insteard of saying (to people who really need it said to them) "That comment/question/whatever was the most incredibly stupid thing anyone could have said. You IQ must be less that a good bra size" I, and a lot of others from that invitation only site, just ask "do you like turtles?

Enough said big guy remember if the foo s*its, wear it

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 9:36am
OH, sorry Mike hope my post didn't go over your head. If you try REAL hard you can understand just who I was talking about, Got a mirror?

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
First I apologize for my contribution in the derailing of this thread.

Second, (please note this is not in defense or support of anyone) but just wanted to point out there is no public access comprehensive Purple Heart Database. I ran an IG office for some time and had to deal with scumbags who made such false claims. (and yet I give benefit of the doubt to folks. But Devious is right when he states "just saying it doesn't make it so.). The only way to see official records of Purple Heart citations is either accessing each branch of military's personnel records. Or the individual must request their records thru National Archives (and even then a fire awhile back destroyed many records prior to 1966). Online databases run such as the one run by Amvets require PH recipients to register their awards. So it's not complete.

All I was trying to with earlier post was defuse some tension

Back on topic. Andy, Sunday is Military day at Summerfest. If you're busking that might be an appropriate time to mention service members.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Sorry. Fire was in 1973, destroyed many records in era of late 40's to late 50's with some up to 1962.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Thanks imgic I ahve never looked up my records so I don 't know what devious was talking about. I do remember the fire it caused holy hell for years with trying to prove anything to anybody. I remember appling for a job with the state on MN back in the701's and told them, brought my papers and all to get the extra points awarded vets with certain medals. They put out a blanket statement then that the fire had caused such a delay in responding by the military that the preference would be limited to 5 points with your 214 form and the additional 10 points would be added at a time when the records center could verify. Nice way of saying to bad guys but at least you got 5 extra points.

Didn't do me any good only had 3 interviews in 12 months with the state and 2 of them were in NORTHERN WAY northern MN. Glad I didn't get the offers

AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Summerfest is over, and I stayed away from any military mention. It does not really fit my style. As I mentioned in an earlier post, This was not something I was honestly considering, just an idea to see what people thought about it, or to see if anyone does this alreay. It obviously caused more issues than was intended.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks for bringing up the subject. You will never know how other magicians will respond until you bring it up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Men and Woman of the United States Military (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL