The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lethal Weapons by Stephen Leathwaite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Lethal Weapons by Stephen Leathwaite
A review
I finally got my hands on a copy of Lethal Weapons by Stephen Leathwaite, first thoughts after watching it for the first time today; it was worth the wait.
The signature effect on the DVD is ‘Disposable’. In case you have been living under a rock, I’ll briefly explain this fantastic effect.
You borrow a lighter of someone, and then go on to try and light your cigarette whilst explaining that disposable lighters are not very good. They do have one good point though, they are completely disposable, and then you go on to completely crush their borrowed lighter in your hands before handing it back to them leaving them standing there gob smacked! You really need to see a live performance of this effect to truly appreciate just how visual it is.
Have a look at the YouTube Trailer Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVuXtHhnkw

This effect for me was worth the price of the DVD alone, and could easily have been released on its own merits.
However you do not just get this one effect, there are a further 6 real workable Card Routines on this DVD too:
Kindred Spirits
The easy to do, hands off, do as I do routine.

Snap & Revert
Make a spectators signed card appear on top of yours in a split second...VISIBLY! Then take both cards and fuse them together in the spectators own hands! Brilliantly Simple. Simply brilliant!

Heli-Transpo
A dream of strange coincidences...

Stab-a-Sandwich
A super clean and visual sandwich routine!

Flip Flop
The advanced version of SNAP that you'll lover to perform.

Triplets of Fate
The spectator stops the magician at three cards and places them into their pockets. Any pockets. Any order. The magician now tells the spectator he has three cards in his pockets,placed there before the show. The magician removes HIS cards first, one at a time and each card not only matches the spectators, but they are also in the same pocket positions! A reputation making routine.

I have to say my second favourite effect was ‘Triplets of Fate’, something so strong yet so simple to perform. As with all of the routines on this DVD you can tell that this is Stephen’s working material and it gets fantastic reactions. I have already tried it once on the most difficult of subjects (my girlfriend) and she loved it and was completely fooled.
There is also a nice Toolbox section going into more detailed explanations for the moves throughout the DVD as well as a very nice looking false cut called ‘The Clock Cut’.
Overall I would say get it, even if you only want it for ‘Disposable’ you will probably find yourself using some of his other routines too. At 2.5 hours for around £20 you’re not going to go wrong with this one.
Verdict: Get It!
Stephen’s Website: http://www.leathalweapons.co.uk/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lethal Weapons by Stephen Leathwaite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL